Chicken Fajita Pasta is a one-pot dinner that takes 30 minutes to make. Creamy pasta with chicken, peppers, onion and fajita seasoning, you would fall in love with this easy pasta recipe.
This Chicken Fajita Pasta is a marriage between Italian and Mexican flavours. So when you can't decide between the two, then this pasta is the answer.
Juicy chicken, sautéed onions, peppers and a creamy fajita sauce. And it a one-pot recipe, perfect weeknight meal.
One can not be bored of pasta for sure. We all have our favourite pasta recipes and always a new recipe gets added to the list. What I love about this recipe is It is one-pot, fajita seasoning adds so much flavour to the dish. It also has Chicken and veggie, which make it a filling meal.
Ingredients for Chicken Fajita Pasta
Gather all the ingredients you need for making Chicken fajita, then pasta, cream and off course cheese. Here is the list of ingredients you need
- Chicken Stock
More Pasta Recipes...
Creamy Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 1 pound Dry Penne Pasta
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 pound Chicken Breast cut into strips
- 1 large Onion Sliced
- 2 cups Peppers (Red/Yellow/Green)
- 1 can Tomatoes 14 oz
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon Fajita seasoning
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Cream
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a dutch oven/pan big enough to cook pasta.
- Add Chicken, 1 tablespoon of Fajita seasoning. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat until the chicken is no longer pink and light brown bits start appearing.
- Remove chicken from the pan, keep it covered.
- To the same pot add rest of the oil, butter. Stir in sliced onion and peppers. Cook 2-3 minutes until the veggies have softened a bit.
- Add minced garlic, fajita seasoning and paprika. Mix and cook for a minute.
- Remove onion and pepper mixture from the pot and keep aside.
- To the same pot add Stock, tomatoes and season with salt. Let it come to a boil.
- Add dried pasts to the pot. Cover and let it cook. It should take 10-15 minutes.
- When almost 3/4th of the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is almost cooked, add cream, Chicken and Onion pepper mixture back to the pot. Mix everything well.
- Add shredded cheese to the pan and gently mix everything well.
- Serve hot.