Double chocolate chip cookie bars with a fudgy chocolatey bottom are soft, chewy and made in a sheet pan. These Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are made with single cookie dough (no separate dough for both the layers).
These Chocolate Chip cookie bars are nothing but your favourite chocolate chip cookies made in a sheet pan and cut into squares. And the bonus is a fudgy chocolatey bottom. Double the chocolate and double the fun, isn't it? These bars are slightly crispy around the edges and soft chewy in the middle.
And if you are too lazy to scoop out the cookies butter or just for a change want to have cookies in a bar for then this recipe is for you. Buttrey Chocolate Chip cookies dough loaded with chocolate chips are baked into a perfect fudgy square, you won't even miss the Chocolate Chip Cookies.
You need to make only Single Cookie Dough.
Yes!! You don't need to make two different dough for different layers. Make the regular Chocolate Cookies Dough and to a portion of it add few more ingredients to make the fudgy bottom layer. So no multiple doughs here.
For the fudgy chocolate bottom layer mix cocoa powder and melted butter. Take a cup of cookies dough and mix it with cocoa butter mixture. The butter and Cocoa powder mixture make the bottom layer fudgy.
You don't even need a mixer in this recipe. A hand whisk will do the job. So making the cookie dough is super easy and takes less than ten minutes to make.
For Making Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Let it cool completely before adding sugar and eggs.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Adding light brown sugar adds moisture to the dough, gives a caramelized flavour and make this cookie chewy.
- Use good quality Chocolate chips.
- Use a 9x3 pan. Grease well or line it with a parchment paper.
More Cookie Recipes you might like...
CHEWY COCONUT COOKIES WITH BROWN BUTTER
SOFT EGGNOG COOKIES
BLUEBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
HEALTHY BREAKFAST COOKIES
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar tightly packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 - ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 yolk
- 2.5 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
For the bottom chocolate layer
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup Cocoa powder
- ¼ cup chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line 9X13 inch with parchment paper.
- Make sure the melted butter has come to room temperature.
- Add brown sugar, white sugar to the melted butter. Mix well.
- Whisk in eggs and yolk to butter-sugar mixture. Mix until creamy.
- In a bowl mix flour, salt and soda.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Reserve 1 cup cookie bough to be mixed later. To the rest of the dough mix ¾ cup chocolate chips and keep aside.
- In a separate bowl add ¼ cup melted butter and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup reserved cookie dough to the butter cocoa mixture. Add ¼ cup chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Using a spatula, evenly spread the Chocolate Cookie dough at the bottom.
- Then spoon rest of the cookie dough on top and carefully spread it to an even layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F (180 C) for 18- 20 minutes.
- At the end of the baking time, the edges will look set but it will still be soft at the middle. But once it cools down the centre will set as well.
Leave a Reply