Chicken Cauliflower Rice with garlic chicken and nutty cauliflower rice is low carb, Keto and ready in 20 minutes. This Low Carb Chicken Cauliflower Rice is healthy, easy and packed with flavour.
This Chicken Cauliflower Rice skillet is my go-to low carb recipe. What I love about this Cauliflower Rice recipe is, it is not only low carb but also loaded with protein. So a one-pot meal that would give you the required amount carbs and protein in a single serving.
Before I tell you how delicious this recipe is, let me do a confession. Yes!! confession of a real rice lover. A bowl of hot steaming rice is my soul food. I can not even think of a single day without having rice. At least one of my meal in a day has rice in it. So when I came across ‘Cauliflower Rice’, I literally frowned. I mean, how can one substitute rice with Cauliflower rice and still be satisfied?
Honestly, It took me a while to make peace with Cauliflower Rice. I love Cauliflower a lot and usually end up making some kind of Curry I have also tried a lot of healthy recipes with Cauliflower like this Cauliflower Chocolate Protein smoothie, Crisp Parmesan Cauliflower fritters. But I simply could not think of substituting rice with Cauliflower Rice.
But you know there comes a time when you need to choose health over taste and comfort. When I went on a low carb diet, Cauliflower Rice is the only best option available. It definitely took some time to get used to Cauliflower rice. But when you have delicious and easy Cauliflower Rice Recipe like this ‘Low Carb Chicken Cauliflower Rice Skillet’, it is not that difficult to swap.
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER RICE?
Making cauliflower rice at home is quick and easy. You really don’t have to get Frozen Cauliflower rice, when you can make at home in 2-3 easy step.
The easiest and quick step for making homemade cauliflower rice is to use a food processor. Clean and cut cauliflower into florets. Put in a food processor and pulse until you get the rice-like texture.
Another way of making Cauliflower rice is to use chop it with a chopping knife until you get desired texture.
I prefer bigger grains, as shown in the below picture. You can also process it further for more fine grains.
HOW TO COOK CAULIFLOWER RICE?
Cooking Cauliflower rice depends on how you are going to use it. I like to toss it in a pan with little butter till the raw smell is gone and it is tender. Cook for around 5-6 minutes and then at the end season the rice.
Another way of cooking Cauliflower rice is to microwave it for 4-5 minutes. Then I sometimes put the rice in a strainer/muslin cloth to squeeze extra liquid.
CAN WE USE FROZEN CAULIFLOWER RICE?
Absolutely you can use Frozen Cauliflower rice here. In fact, sometimes I make a big batch of cauliflower rice and freeze in smaller zip lock bags. Thaw it for an hour before using it.
Steps to make Chicken Cauliflower Rice…
Start by preparing the chicken. You can use boneless chicken breast or chicken thighs. Cut chicken into medium cubes or Julienes.
In a mixing bowl add parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Onion Powder, Mixed herb, paprika, salt and pepper. Coat each chicken pieces evenly with the seasoning. In a pan heat butter and spread coated chicken pieces in a single layer. After cooking for 2-3 minutes, turn the chicken pieces, and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove the chicken pieces from the pan and keep aside.
To the same pan, add minced garlic, followed by Cauliflower rice. Cook, it covered for 4-5 minutes. Then add cooked chicken, mix everything well. Add chopped parsley and dash of sriracha while serving.
This Chicken Cauliflower Rice is good for the meal prep too. You can make a big batch of it and keep it in a refrigerator up to 3 days.
LOW CARB CHICKEN AND CAULIFLOWER RICE
- medium cauliflower
- 250 grams Boneless Chicken Breast Cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic pod
- chopped parsley for garnishing
- Sriracha or Any Red Hot Sauce (optional)
To coat chicken
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tspn Garlic Powder
- 1 tspn paprika
- 2 tspn Mixed herbs
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Cut Cauliflower head to small florets. Clean under the running tap. Drain excess water.
- In a food processor add Cauliflower Florets. Pulse until you get rice like texture.
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients mentioned under 'To Coat Chicken'
- Coat Chicken pieces with the seasoning mixture.
- Heat a pan. Add one tablespoon of butter.
- Arrange coated chicken pieces in a single layer. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn each pieces and cook further for 2-3 minutes. Chicken pieces would look crispy and golden brown in colour.
- Remove cooked chicken pieces from the pan and keep it aside.
- To the same pan add remaining butter. Add minced garlic.
- Once the raw smell is gone, add cauliflower rice and cover. Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken. Season it with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add chopped parsley or cilantro. Mix well.
- While serving add a dash of Sriracha.