This Sweet and Spicy Thai Grilled Chicken has real Thai flavours. Chicken thighs marinated in Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, Lemongrass, fish sauce and grilled to perfection.
With authentic Thai flavour, this Thai Grilled chicken is going to be everyone's favourite. Make a quick marinade of Thai Sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, lemongrass, ginger, a dash of sriracha, fish sauce, Marinate the chicken and grill on the stovetop or barbecue it.
This Thai Grilled Chicken is so good, with juiciest and succulent chicken thighs. You will be making this all summer and it is going to be a heat without any doubt.
Grilling Chicken can't be easier than this. Marinate well ahead, then let the grill do all work while you bask under the sun. This is the ultimate grilling recipe that everyone should make.
I don't have an outdoor grilling here, so I ended up making it in my grilling pan on stove top. But for the best result and smokey flavour barbecue these under the grill. I love the charred bits when you grill the meat.
TIPS TO MAKE THE JUICIEST THAI GRILLED CHICKEN
- For the best result use boneless chicken thighs. Chicken thighs remain juicy after grilling and doesn't tend to turn rubbery. You can also use chicken breast but need to careful while grilling.
- Marinade the chicken at least for 2 hours up to 24 hours. Marinating the chicken for a long time help the meat to absorb all the flavours and it remains juicy and tender while grilling.
- Make sure the marinated chicken is at room temperature while grilling. This ensures even cooking of chicken.
- While grilling bast with leftover marinade, for succulent and tender chicken.
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT THAI GRILLED CHICKEN?
Start with making the marinade. In a zip log bag add all the ingredients for marination, mix everything well. Add chicken thighs. Shake well and make sure chicken is well coated with the marination. Let the marinated chicken sit for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Take the marinated chicken out of the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature before grilling. Grill using a pan on the stove top or using a barbecue till the chicken is tender and cooked through.
I used a grill pan and sheared chicken thighs for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Then finished it off in the oven.
THAI GRILLED CHICKEN
- 5-6 Boneless Chicken thigh with/ without skin
- 1/3 cups Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tspn light Soy Sauce
- 1 tspn Fish sauce
- 1/2 tspn fresh minced ginger
- 2 tspn minced lemongrass
- dash of Sriracha or any hot sauce
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Lemon Wedges and Coriander leave while serving
- In a zip-lock bag or big mixing bowl mix all the ingredients mentioned above except chicken thighs. Check the seasoning.
- Add cleaned chicken thighs to the marinade.
- Let the chicken marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight for best results.
- Heat a grill over medium-high, be sure grates are clean and well oiled to prevent sticking.
- Cook chicken about 4-5 minutes on each side, until grill marks appear and chicken is cooked through.
- If making on the stove-top, heat a grill pan. grease it with oil. Place chicken thigh skin side down. Cook 4-5 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook the other side for another 4-5 minutes. Then broil at the top rack of the oven for 3-4 minutes @ 250 degree Celsius.