This sweet and spicy Thai Grilled Chicken has real Thai flavors. Chicken thighs are marinated in Thai sweet chili sauce, lemongrass, and fish sauce and are grilled to perfection.
With authentic Thai flavor, this Thai Grilled chicken will be everyone's favorite.
This Thai Grilled Chicken is so good, with the juiciest and most succulent chicken thighs. You will be making this all summer, and it is going to be a hit without any doubt.
If you are looking for Thai recipes, check out these delicious savory recipes - Thai Red Curry, Thai Chicken Noodle Soup, Thai Shrimp Curry, Thai Butternut Squash Curry, Thai Cashew Chicken Stir Fry, and Thai Basil Chicken.
Make a quick marinade of Thai Sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, lemongrass, ginger, a dash of sriracha, and fish sauce; marinate the chicken and grill on the stovetop or barbecue it.
Grilling Chicken can't be easier than this. Marinate well ahead, then let the grill do all work while you bask under the sun. This is the ultimate grilling recipe that everyone should make.
I don't have an outdoor grilling here, so I ended up making it in my grilling pan on the stovetop. But for the best result and smokey flavor, barbecue these under the grill. I love the charred bits when you grill the meat.
TIPS TO MAKE THE JUICIEST THAI GRILLED CHICKEN
- For the best result, use boneless chicken thighs. Chicken thighs remain juicy after grilling and don't tend to turn rubbery. You can also use chicken breast, but you must be careful while grilling.
- Marinade the chicken for at least 2 hours up to 24 hours. Marinating the chicken for a long time helps the meat absorb all the flavors and remains juicy and tender while grilling.
- Make sure the marinated chicken is at room temperature while grilling. This ensures even cooking of chicken.
- While grilling bast with leftover marinade for succulent and tender chicken.
How To Make Thai Grilled Chicken?
Start with making the marinade. Add all the ingredients for marination in a zip log bag, and mix everything well.
Add chicken thighs. Shake well and make sure the chicken is well coated with the marination. Let the marinated chicken sit for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Take the marinated chicken out of the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature before grilling.
Grill using a pan on the stovetop or using a barbecue till the chicken is tender and cooked through.
I used a grill pan and sheared chicken thighs for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Then finished it off in the oven.
Grilled chicken is best served with plain rice or rice dishes with an Asian flavor like coconut rice or jasmine rice. Asian Cucumber Salad adds crunchy freshness to the meal. These can be sliced and served on noodles or along with them.
More Grilled Recipes
Grilled Rosemary Chicken Kebabs
Prawn Hariyali Grilled (Grilled prawn in fresh herb pesto)
Thai Grilled Chicken
- 5-6 Boneless Chicken thigh
- ⅓ cups Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tspn Soy Sauce
- 2 tspn Fish sauce
- ½ tspn Grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 2 tspn minced lemongrass
- Pepper as per taste
- Lemon Wedges and Cillantro leaves while serving
- In a zip-lock bag or big mixing bowl mix all the ingredients mentioned above except chicken thighs. Check the seasoning.
- Add cleaned chicken thighs to the marinade.
- Let the chicken marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight for best results.
- Heat a grill over medium-high, be sure grates are clean and well oiled to prevent sticking.
- Cook chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side, until grill marks appear and chicken is cooked through. Bast/ brush remaining marinade a couple of times for extra flavour.
- If making on the stove-top, heat a grill pan. grease it with oil. Place chicken thigh skin side down. Cook 4-5 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook the other side for another 4-5 minutes. Then broil at the top rack of the oven for 3-4 minutes @ 250 degree Celsius.
What was the measurement for sweet Chile sauce? Thanks!
it is 1/3 cup.
Hi Chelsey, it is 1/3 cup of Sweet chili sauce.
Thanks for asking this! I was confused!!
Erin Strelkov says
Hello! Your recipe looks really good, but I've never used lemongrass before. How do I mince it or can I get it minced at the grocery store? Is it a spicy flavour?
Apologies for the delayed reply. As the name suggests Lemongrass has a refreshing lemony flavour. You get lemongrass stalks, take only the white part of it and mince it in a mortar or pestle. If you have access to an Asian store, you might also get bottled lemongrass paste.