These Baked eggs with creamy gooey eggs fit perfectly as a quick breakfast or snacks. With classic creamy cheesy baked egg, I have also shared interesting variations of oven baked eggs.
Baked eggs perfect for a quick breakfast or a leisurely Sunday brunch. You just can’t resist scooping out the gooey egg with a piece of crusty bread.
Bake in individual ramekins and serve right in it. It is kind of cute to serve individual ramekins. Perfect to dunk in crusty bread into the pudding-like creamy egg.
This baked egg recipe is anything but simple. You can pull off this fancy-looking breakfast with just three ingredients in less than 5 minutes of prep. The process is simple and straightforward.
The base version is just cream, cheese, and eggs. Pour cream, top it with cheese of your choice (I like to top sharp cheddar or gruyere cheese)
Creamy cheesy baked egg is always a favorite, but here are a few variations
Cream, cheese, and egg, that’s all you need to make baked eggs. But you can make it interesting by adding different add ons.
- Crispy Bacon – Who doesn’t love the duo eggs and Bacon. Just add 1.5 tablespoons of crispy bacon to the ramekin followed by the rest of the ingredients.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Blister 4-5 cherry tomatoes in 1 teaspoon olive oil, add minced garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- Roasted veggies – Best way to add any leftover veggies. You can add veggies like onion, peppers, mushrooms. Chop the veggies and cook in a teaspoon of oil until it is 3/4th cooked. Add up to 2 tablespoons of roasted veggie to the ramekins.
How long to bake eggs in Oven?
10-12 minutes are enough to bake eggs to get a gooey consistency. If you would like to cook it through, it will take 2-3 minutes more to be well done.
Can you freeze baked eggs in Oven?
This recipe is best to have hot gooey eggs straight out of the oven. If you store it in the refrigerator, you can have it as a cold dish which tastes quite good too. But for that, it is advisable to cook it through and then store it in the refrigerator. We do not want to store under-cooked eggs.
This is a good recipe to pre-cook something over a weekend and have it as a weekday cold savory breakfast. This can be stored for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. You can keep in the ramakins itself.
When its time to have it, just take it out of the refrigerator and eat it cold. Otherwise, let it come to room temperature and some would like it that way.
DO NOT REHEAT the dish as it will overcook the egg.
More Breakfast Recipes…
- 2 tablespoon Cream
- 2 tablespoon Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 large egg
- Butter to coat ramekins
- Salt and pepper to taste
Variation-1 (With Bacon)
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Crispy Bacon
Variation-2 ( Roasted Vegetables)
- 1/2 teaspoon Oil
- 2 button Mushroom
- 2 tablespoon peppers
- 1/4 minced garlic
- salt & pepper
Variation-3 Cheery Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- salt & pepper
- If adding any of the fillings, prepare it first.
- For roasted vegetables - To the hot oil, add minced garlic followed by chopped veggies. Cook 4-5 minutes until the veggies are almost cooked and not much liquid in it.
- For Italian Cheery Tomatoes- heat oil. Add Cherry tomatoes, toss it on high heat until you see blisters. Carefully smash the cherry tomatoes with the back of the spoon. Sprinkle Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- For Crispy Bacon - Chopp 2 strips of bacon, chop it, and cook until crisp.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush the inside of the ramekin with butter.
- If adding any of the fillings (mentioned above), add to the ramekin first.
- Slowly pour the cream, add shredded cheese.
- Top it with a cracked egg. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Place ramekin on a rimmed baking tray. Slowly pour hot water upto 1 inch height.
- Carefully place the baking tray inside the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on preferred doneness of egg.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley/chive on top.