Oatmeal banana smoothie is a healthy breakfast loaded with fiber, protein and with zero sugar in it.
Now coming to the breakfast, I never ever skip my breakfast. Not that I follow the saying but I really can't thing of the day ahead if I don't have breakfast. Being brought up in southern part of Odisa, our breakfast generally includes idli , upma, poha dosa. Bread,eggs,cereals are also sometime part of the menu to break the monotony. Now our new favourite are smoothies.
I simply love the concept of smoothies. Its versatile. Just throw in some fruits,dairy, dry fruits and you will end up with a smooth and creamy smoothie packed with nutrition. There is no such rule for a perfect smoothie. When you add some chocolate curls or nutella or chocolate sauce to it, even a person who hates fruit would go week at his knees.
Oatmeal Banana Smoothie
- 4 bananas Medium sized
- ¾ cup Oats
- ⅓ cup Yoghurt
- 1.5 - 2 cups Milk
- ½ tbsp espresso Instant powder
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (Very much optional)
- Sugar as per taste
- Chocolate peanuts . curls and toasted to garnish
- Blend all the ingredients except ingredients for garnishing into a blend to a smooth consistency. (Note: You can alter the consistency by adding or reducing the milk/youghurt.)
- Serve with chocolate curls and toasted peanuts.