Creamy and velvety smooth Instant Pot Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup is another fall favorite soup at home. Flavored with curry powder and turmeric, this soup is comforting on chilled days.
Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup made in the Instant Pot is delicious and quick to make. Thick and smooth, perfect for scooping out some with a piece of crusty bread. It has a delicate flavor of savory curry powder yet has a hint of sweetness. It is also Vegan, but if you fancy, serve it with a generous topping of crispy bacon.
Well, the fall season seems incomplete without a bowl of creamy soup made with seasonal veggies like pumpkin, sweet potato, or Carrot.
Flavours In Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes straight to your inbox
Pumpkin soup is a classic and a must at home when the temperature drops outside. Surprisingly pumpkin and sweet potato complement each other. Sweet potato adds body to the soup and makes it extra creamy.
Ingredients you need for the soup
- Pumpkin: Good ripe and sweet seasonal ones. You can use butternut squash instead.
- Sweet Potato
- Onion, garlic, and ginger
- Curry powder, turmeric, and Chili Powder
- Vegetable Stock
- Coconut milk
How to make Instant Pot Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup
Step 1: Start with sautéing onion, ginger and garlic. When it is aromatic, add in the veggies.
Step 2: Stir in the spices. Mix everything well and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add vegetable stock. Cook on high and then let the pressure release naturally.
Step 3: Using a hand blender, blend everything smoothly. Stir in the coconut milk. It is nicely smooth and thick. But if you want a thinner consistency, add more stock to the soup.
Storing suggestion for Instant Pot Sweet potato Soup
Leftovers store well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It can also be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 cups Diced Pumpkin
- 3 cups Diced Sweet potato 2 large
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- salt to taste
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- Set the Instant pot to saute mode. Heat oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add chopped onion, minced garlic, and ginger. Saute for a minute until it is aromatic and no more raw smell.
- Add chopped pumpkin, sweet potato, curry powder, turmeric powder, chilli flakes and salt.
- Mix everything well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock. Close the lid, set the valve to sealing position, and set the Instant pot to manual mode (pressure cook). Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When the timer is off, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then release all the pressure manually.
- Using a hand blender blend everything until smooth. Stir in the coconut milk.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh cilantro on top.