Creamy and velvety smooth Instant pot Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup is another fall favorite soup at home. Flavored with curry powder and turmeric, this soup is really comforting on chilled days.
Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup made in the Instant Pot is delicious and super quick to make. Thick and smooth, perfect to scoop out some with a piece of crusty bread. It has a delicate flavor of curry powder, savory yet has a hint of sweetness to it. It is also Vegan but if you fancy serve with a generous topping of crispy bacon.
Well, fall season seems incomplete without a bowl of creamy soup made with seasonal veggies like pumpkin, sweet potato, or Carrot.
Pumpkin soup is a classic and is a must at home when the temperature drops outside. Surprisingly pumpkin and sweet potato complement each other. Sweet potato adds body to the soup and makes it extra creamy.
Ingredients you need for the soup
Pumpkin: Good ripe and sweet seasonal ones. You can use butternut squash instead.
Onion, garlic and ginger
Curry powder, turmeric and Chili Powder
How to make Instant Pot Pumpkin Sweet potato Soup
Step 1: Start with sautéing onion, ginger and garlic. When it is aromatic , add in the veggies.
Step 2: Stir in the spices. Mix everything well and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add vegetable stock. Cook on high and then let the pressure release naturally.
Step 3: Using a hand blender, blend everything smooth. Stir in the coconut milk. It is nicely smooth and thick. But if you want a thinner consistency to add more stock to the soup.
Storing suggestion for Instant Pot Sweet potato Soup
Left over stores really well in the the refrigerator up to 3 days. It can also be stored in the freezer.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes...
Instant Pot Potato Soup with Sausage
Instant Pot Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 cups Diced Pumpkin
- 3 cups Diced Sweet potato 2 large
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- ½ cup onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- salt to taste
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- Set the Instant pot to saute mode. Heat oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add chopped onion, minced garlic, and ginger. Saute for a minute until it is aromatic and no more raw smell.
- Add chopped pumpkin, sweet potato, curry powder, turmeric powder, chilli flakes and salt.
- Mix everything well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock. Close the lid, set the valve to sealing position, and set the Instant pot to manual mode (pressure cook). Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When the timer is off, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then release all the pressure manually.
- Using a hand blender blend everything until smooth. Stir in the coconut milk.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh cilantro on top.
Beyond delicious! The only change I made was using veggie broth instead of stock and I did ginger/onion powder instead of fresh. I can’t wait to make this again. But I’d love to know what the other herbs are used to garnish in pics. Looks good!
Thank you. It is parsley.