Moist microwave banana mug cake(eggless) takes 2 minutes to make. It tastes as good as banana bread but takes a fraction of its time to make.
Craving a cake or want to use overripe banana, but don't want to make a loaf of banana bread? This Banana Microwave Mug Cake is the answer. Takes 2 minutes from start to end. Mix and bake in a coffee mug itself. A perfect quick fix dessert for a sudden sweet craving.
We all love banana bread and am sure all of us have baked a loaf when there is an overripe banana at home. But there are times when you don't feel like baking a whole loaf or you don't have time to bake one. Microwave mug cakes are perfect single-serving cakes.
Cakes cook slow and long in an oven, but in the case of microwave cake, the cake gets cooked rapidly in microwave mode. So it takes barely a minute microwave mug cake.
Tips to make microwave Banana mug cake
Making mug cake in a microwave is one of the easiest cake you will even bake. You can't possibly go wrong with it.
- Use a right-sized mug. Too small a mug, the batter will overflow. It's ok to use a bigger sized mug.
- Like regular banana bread, use overripe banana. Overripe brown bananas have maximum sweetness and are easy to mash.
- I have used 1 tablespoon of sugar and found a bit more sweet for my taste. You can reduce the amount of sugar to ½ tablespoon.
- For the soft and moist cake, you need to keep track of the timing. 60 seconds might seems too less, but trust me it doesn't take more than that. So don't get tempted microwave any longer. Even a few more seconds would change the texture.
- Every microwave is different, Use the microwave mode( not grill or combi or Convection mode). In simple terms, it is the same mode, in which you reheat food.
- Use a microwave-safe mug for baking.
Can we make Banana Chocolate Mug Cake?
Well, who doesn't love chocolate in a cake? You can modify this recipe and make a delicious Chocolate Banana Mug Cake. Here is what you need to change,
Reduce all-purpose flour to 2 tablespoons and add 1 tablespoon of Cocoa powder instead. As cocoa powder adds a bit of bitterness, you can adjust the sweetness by adding ½ tablespoon more sugar.
More recipe to use overripe Banana...
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
BLUEBERRY BANANA GRANOLA BAR
BLUEBERRY BANANA MUFFINS
HEALTHY BREAKFAST COOKIES
- ½ overripe banana
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 tablespoon All purpose flour
- big pinch of Cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2-3 tablespoon Toasted Walnut optional
- Mash ½ banana with a fork until smooth. (You can use the same mug in which you are gonna bake the cake)
- To the cup add melted butter, milk , Vanilla extract,sugar. Mix everything well.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder. salt and walnuts. Mix everything well.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds (1 minute) or until the top of the cake is just set and firm to touch.
- Serve with a drizzle of chocolate sauce on top or scoop of ice cream.
Leave a Reply