This post may include affiliate links that earn us a small commission.
Pesto Chicken in a light and creamy sauce is packed with flavor that takes less than 30 minutes to make. Toss some pasta in the sauce and a delicious dinner is on the table in no time.
This Pesto chicken is out of the world good. Basil pesto lends a freshness to the sauce. The sauce is light yet creamy and the cherry tomatoes bring a nice contrast to every bite. To make things faster use a bottle of store-bought pesto but trust me nothing beats fresh basil pesto made from scratch.
Flavours In Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes straight to your inbox
There is enough sauce in this pesto chicken to toss some pasta in it and make a complete dinner.
How to make Creamy Pesto Chicken?
- The chicken cooks evenly when it is of even thickness. So either cut the chicken horizontally or pound it until it is of even thickness.
- Coating chicken with flour and cook. It forms a nice crust and also absorbs lots of sauce. The flour also keeps the chicken nice and moist.
- Toss cherry tomatoes on high heat until you see small blisters. don’t overcook the tomatoes. Tart tomatoes add a nice contrast to the creamy sauce.
- Nothing beats fresh Pesto. It barely takes 5 minutes to make. But you can certainly use bottled ones.
- The amount of pesto you want to add depends on how strong the pesto flavor you prefer.
- Once you add the pesto to the pan, don’t boil the sauce too long, as it might the pesto will lose its freshness.
This pesto chicken is light and creamy. Pesto already contains parmesan cheese, so go light on the cream. 1/2 cup of cream is good enough.
More Chicken Recipes…
Creamy Pesto Chicken
- 500 grams Chicken breast
- ⅓ cup Flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 200 grams Cherry Tomatoes
- ¾ cup Fresh Basil Pesto
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- ⅓ cup Stock
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper.
- Cut chicken horizontally to two pieces or use a meat mallet to pound chicken. Make sure the chicken is of uniform thickness.
- Coat chicken with seasoned flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan. Shake off extra flour from the chicken. Cook the chicken pieces for about 3-4 minutes per side until golden.
- Remove chicken from the pan and keep aside covered.
- Add remaining oil. When hot, add cherry tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes are blistered and have softened a little yet holds the shape.
- Lower the heat. Add stock, pesto, and half & half. Mix well. Scrap the bottom of the pan to release any brown bits. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken back to the pan. Spoon the sauce over.
- Serve with pasta.