Baked chicken and potatoes in a butter garlic herb sauce, crispy garlic parmesan crusted chicken is a delicious one-pan dinner and very easy to prepare.
The Chicken is Juicy on the inside and crispy perfectly seasoned on the outside. Potatoes are tender and cooked to perfection in the pan juice. This baked chicken and potato is a perfect midweek meal and outrageously delicious.
What sets this apart from other baked chicken recipes out there is the crispy garlic parmesan crust. Searing the Chicken skin and sprinkling parmesan on top before putting the pan into the oven makes the skin extra crispy.
The bonus in this dish is delicious buttery pan Juice and you will have plenty of it to dip some crusty bread into it.
Let’s talk about the Butter Garlic Herb Sauce…
The butter garlic herb sauce is just delicious. Melted butter, garlic, fresh rosemary, parsley, pepper mixed together and added to the pan after chicken is seared. While the Chicken is being baked all the juice released from it gets mixed up with the butter mixture and creates the most amazing sauce.
The amount of butter is just right for the sauce not to be too greasy.
I like to add fresh herbs in this recipe. You can substitute fresh herb with dried herbs.
Though boneless Chicken Breast is the most popular cut used, cooking with Chicken thighs is always stress-free. A few minutes of overcooking will really not matter in the later cut. And bone-in Chicken Thighs means extra juicy and flavourful meat. I have used a mix of drumsticks and thighs in this recipe. You can make this entirely with Chicken thighs or Drumsticks.
Potatoes make this dish complete and all you have to do is serve a fresh salad to complement the meal. Potatoes when cooked along with buttery garlic pan juice, it absorbs all the flavour.
This Baked Chicken and Potato is a winner and I am sure it is going to appear on your dinner menu on a rotation.
Watch step by step video to make Baked Chicken and Potatoes
Other Chicken Recipes you might be interested in
Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken and potato
- 6 Bone Chicken Thighs Bone-in, Skin-on (See note 1)
- 200 grams Potato Quartered (See note 2)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary Finely Minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Parsely Finely Minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt (adjust as per taste)
- 1/2 cup White Wine Or Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 3/4 cup Parmesan
- Pre-heat oven to 200-degrees Celcius. (400 F )
- In a bowl add melted butter, minced garlic, paprika, pepper, herbs and salt. Mix well and keep aside.
- In a heavy cast iron pan add oil. Once hot, place chicken skin side down. season it with salt and pepper. Sear chicken for 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat until the skin turns golden brown.
- Turn the chicken skin side up. Add potatoes.
- Stir in the butter garlic herb mixer made in the first step. Mix well until everything is coated well with the garlic herb mixture.
- Add wine to the pan.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on the top.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake at 200-degree Celcius(400 F) for 20-25 minutes.
- You can use Chicken drumsticks in this recipe as well.
- Make sure potatoes are not too big or too small. If you prefer you can keep potato with skin.