Chicken and Broccoli in a wonderful creamy garlic parmesan sauce is a healthy and low carb one-pan dinner. The sauce is delicious, creamy but not heavy on the palate. Serve it with some pasta or Zoodles for a complete nutritious meal.
This chicken and broccoli recipe is going to be your best friend on a busy weeknight when you need to feed a hungry family and you have not done any prep before. Absolutely easy, quick and with only a few ingredients, this Creamy Chicken and broccoli will never let you down.
The sauce is creamy and incredibly delicious, coats the chicken pieces and broccoli well. Butter, garlic, cream, parmesan cheese, seasoning and a hint of heat from the chilli powder, the sauce is just perfect. All you need is a bowl of pasta to make it a complete meal loaded with protein and vegetables.
How Versatile This Chicken And Broccoli Recipe Is?
I love recipes which are versatile and you can customize it as per your preference. Have any leftover veggies like pepper, zucchini or Spinach that you want to use up??? Substitute half of the broccoli with other vegetables. How about making this extra delicious by adding some crispy bacon at the end??
You can serve this on top of a bowl of pasta or rice. For keto or low carb version, serve this on a bed of zoodles or just as it is topped with some bacon.
It Is All About The Creamy Garlic Sauce
This recipe is all about the creamy garlic sauce. It is the sauce that binds the dish together. It is garlicky, creamy and well seasoned. The sauce is thick enough to coat the chicken and broccoli, yet it is not very rich.
The recipe calls for fresh minced garlic. Make sure you use finely minced garlic not garlic paste because when sauteed in butter garlic paste would stick to the pan and burn quickly. Sauteing garlic in butter until aromatic gives flavour to the sauce.
A small tip for recipes that calls for cream is while adding cream to the pan, lower the flame. Adding cream to the hot pan might split the cream and you will end up with a grainy sauce rather than a creamy one.
Use Italian seasoning or any good poultry seasoning for the sauce. Chilli powder is optional but if you like a hint of heat in the sauce add Chilli powder else substitute with Paprika.
Other one pan Chicken Recipe you might like
CHICKEN AND CABBAGE STIR FRY
BAKED CHICKEN AND POTATOES
LEMON HERB CHICKEN, ASPARAGUS, & MUSHROOM SKILLET
CREAMY GARLIC CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI
- 500 grams Boneless Chicken Breast Cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2-3 cups Broccoli
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1.5 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Chilli Powder (substitute by Paprika for less heat)
- ¾ cup half and half or Cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese more for serving
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- In a pan heat 1 teaspoon butter, once butter melts add Chicken. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Saute on high heat for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Add rest of the butter to the pan, when butter melts add minced garlic. cook for 30 seconds until aromatic.
- Lower heat, add half and half, grated parmesan cheese, Italian Seasoning, chilli powder. Mix everything well.
- Add broccoli florets and cooked chicken to the pan. Mix everything well. Check the seasoning and add more salt if required. Cook for another one minute.
- Switch off the flame and serve.
- Blanch broccoli florets for 2-3 minutes in boiling water and then rinse the florets in Ice bath to stop the cooking process. Put the florets in a collander to to drain as much water as possible.
- If the sauce is thick add ¼th cup Chicken Stock to thin the sauce.
Loved the recipe. Just thinking.. Note 1 should probably be part of the Method.
Just made this for my son and I. Really quick and easy to make. Loads of flavour but for an extra bit of a kick I added a few chilli flakes. The only think I'd say is it says add the broccoli and cook for 1 minute. I'm not sure how small the broccoli was cut but I needed to cook mine for a bit longer. Will definitely be making this again.
Elizabeth Foley says
Very easy to prepare. Very good flavor. I served it without pasta or rice. I made a double batch to cook only once. Loved it.