No-knead focaccia bread flavoured with roasted garlic and rosemary. A must-try bread if you are looking for fuss-free, easy, no-knead bread. You can also add olives, sundried tomato and other toppings to it.
The last Saturday the weather was gloomy and it was raining. We were in a mood to have some warm soup and bread. I had some fresh rosemary in hand so focaccia was the obvious choice. A simple soft, chewy focaccia with roasted garlic and fresh rosemary and drizzled with lots of olive oil. Simple flavours yet very satisfying.
This no-knead focaccia is one such recipe that I have done N number of times and every time it has amazed me with its lovely texture. Really easy to do and because it is no-knead, no messy hand.
No Knead Roasted Garlic Focaccia
- 1.5 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup water luke warm
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Instant dry yeast
- 1.5 Tablespoon Olive Oil (more to drizzle on top)
- 2 teaspoon garlic
- 2 sprig rosemary more for topping
- sea salt
- Grease a 9-inch pan generously with oil.
- Warm 1.5 tablespoon olive oil and add chopped garlic. Let it cook for some seconds until the garlic is golden brown in colour and is aromatic.
- If you are using active dry yeast, proof the yeast in ¼ cup lukewarm water(out of total ¾ cup water), sugar and yeast. Let it stand for 10 mins to let the yeast bloom.
Mix everything except the toppings in a big mixing bowl. Beat 20 times using a wooden spoon.
Transfer dough to the greased pan.With greased hands push the dough to the edges. Cover the pan and let it rise for 1 - 1.5 hours. The dough might not double but it should look puffy.
- Towards the end of the rise period pre-heat oven 190 degree celsius.
Make dimples with greased fingers. Drizzle rest 1.5 tablespoon oil on top. Sprinkle sea salt and few sprigs of rosemary. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- The top would look light golden brown in colour and the bottom should sound whole when tapped. ( It should read between 200-210F on an instant thermometer)
- Serve warm with some soup or stew.