Moist Zucchini Banana Bread, this bread is the best of both worlds. Everyone's favorite banana bread with shredded Zucchini, spiced with ground cinnamon has a moist crumb and really easy to make.
Moist Banana bread with the goodness of Zucchini, this bread is a favorite among family and friends. One of the best ways to use overripe banana and summer bounty Zucchini.
When zucchini is available in abundance during summer, one of the most frequently made dishes is this Zucchini stir fry. It is savory and pairs perfectly with rice. The next on the list is this banana bread.
Zucchini In Banana Bread?
I know it sounds wired, vegetable like zucchini in banana bread? Zucchini being neutral in taste, blend really well with other ingredients and flavors. The moisture in Zucchini gives a nice crumb to the bread. You can barely taste the vegetable in the bread, so no worries for picky eaters.
Flour- All-purpose flour. I have used a mix of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour, but the crumbs were very dense. So better to stick to APF.
Sugar- I always like to use a mix of white sugar and light brown sugar in my banana bread. Brown sugar gives a caramelized flavor to the bread and makes it extra moist. But you can also use all white sugar instead.
Baking powder and baking Soda
Eggs- Two large eggs at room temperature.
Oil- I have used coconut oil in this recipe. If you have never used coconut oil in baked recipes and wondering if you can smell coconut after it is baked, then-No. You can't smell coconut. Coconut oil can be substituted by any neutral flavoured oil or even melted butter.
Banana- Good overripe bananas are the best to be used to banana bread.
Zucchini- Seasonal fresh and firm zucchini are the best.
Cinnamon: Zucchini Banana Bread will not taste the same without this crucial ingredient.
Steps To Make
Start with shredding the zucchini. Put shredded zucchini in a colander or in a cheese cloth and drain as much water as possible.
Next step is to mix all the dry ingredients. Shive all the dry ingredients or place it in a bowl and whisk it until well incorporated.
Then mash ripe bananas. Adding sugar to the ripe bananas helps to mash banana quickly. Use a fork or a potato masher to mash the bananas.
Add other liquid ingredients followed by shredded zucchini. Stir in dry mixture in 2-3 parts.
Zucchini Banana Bread
- 2 cups Flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Large Overripe bananas
- ½ cup castor sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or any neutral flavored oil
- 1 cup Shredded Zucchini (tightly packed)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.Prepare a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Put shredded zucchini in a cheesecloth or with hands squeeze as much liquid as possible.
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk it well.
- In another bowl add ripe banana and sugar. With the help of a fork or potato masher mash bananas until it is almost smooth.
- Add eggs, oil, vanilla to the banana sugar mixture. Whisk well.
- Stir in the shredded zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients in 2-3 parts to the wet mixture. First, incorporate the dry ingredients well before adding the next part.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 50 to 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Gently release the edges of the bread from the pan using a knife. Transfer the loaf to a wired rack.
- Let the bread cool completely before cutting.