This post may include affiliate links that earn us a small commission.
Buffalo chicken wrap has all the flavors of your hot buffalo chicken wings but it is more nutritious and filling. Juicy Buffalo Chicken, loads veggies paired with creamy Ranch dressing, this wrap is all sorts of delicious.
Spicy tangy buffalo chicken, veggies, and a cooling ranch dressing rolled up in a tortilla – make a delicious light meal. The filling is fresh, and spicy with bold flavours, it got the crunch from veggies and creamy ranch dressing keeps it moist.
Flavours In Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes straight to your inbox
Now making an easy, filling lunch is just a few steps away. These wraps are also great for meal prep and can be made 2-3 days ahead. These are also perfect for quick on-the-go lunch.
What’s in a Buffalo Chicken Wrap?
Buffalo chicken is the hero here. It is moist, juicy, perfectly seasoned, and spicy enough to give, basically the best type of chicken filling for wraps. I am all about recipes that are flexible and you can easily swap for the ingredients.
Below are a couple of options to make the chicken filling.
Buffalo Chicken filling from scratch-
Boneless chicken breast ( you can swap it with chicken thighs as well) is first sliced into strips, seasoned, and then seared in a skillet for the perfect charred flavor. Quick marination ensures the chicken has the maximum flavour and stays juicy. Once it is cooked toss it with buffalo sauce.
Chicken seasoning has onion & garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
Rotisserie/ Leftover Grilled Chicken for Buffalo wrap
Of course, we don’t always have the luxury of time. Say you want to make these wraps in between breaks on a busy day or you have some leftover grilled chicken in the fridge, bring it on.
Shred and quickly toss the leftover chicken in a greased skillet just for 30 seconds. Then add hot sauce.
Another option is to use crispy chicken. Make it at home or get crispy chicken from the freezer section. Pop it in an air fryer or deep fry it. Then toss it in hot sauce.
Tortilla – Flour or whole wheat tortilla of at least 8 inches. A large tortilla would hold a good amount of filling.
Hot sauce- Frank’s hot sauce for the best flavour but any other hot sauce will work.
Ranch dressing- Tangy, creamy, and with the right amount of richness. It has Greek yogurt, ranch seasoning, and mayo. I found readymade ranch dressing is a bit too loose(liquid) for the wrap.
Veggies- Lots of options here. Mixed salad green, carrots, pepper, and sliced cucumber are to name a few. You can also add avocado slices. Tomatoes are also great, but only if you are consuming the wrap right away. Else tomatoes leave a lot of liquid and will turn the wrap soggy.
Assembling Buffalo Chicken Wrap
Once the prep work is done, these wraps actually come together quickly.
Start with warming tortillas. This will soften the tortillas and makes them easy to fold. Then start with a spread of ranch dressing.
If you are going to consume the wraps later, it would be a good idea to place the lettuce first, top it with veggies, chicken, and then drizzle ranch dressing on top. This would prevent the wrap from going soggy when stored longer.
Another way is to spread ranch dressing, followed by greens, veggies, and chicken. Fold 1 to 2 inches (from the left and right side) inwards. Then roll the bottom over the filling. Start rolling the wrap over the filling, pushing the filling inwards as you roll.
- Add some crumbled blue cheese to the ranch dressing for an interesting flavor twist. Cheddar cheese also works well here.
- To save time, use store-bought or leftover rotisserie chicken.
- If not lettuce and veggies, toss readymade coleslaw mix with prepared Ranch dressing and top it up with buffalo chicken.
More light and quick lunch recipes
Buffalo Chicken wrap
- 500 grams Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- 1.5 cup shredded lettuce romanian lettuce
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 4 flour tortillas
Quick Ranch dressing
- ½ cup greek yoghurt / sour cream
- 2 tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoon mayo
- Cut boneless chicken breast into thin strips. Add garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and salt. Mix and rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet. Add marinated chicken breast to the skillet. Cook it in medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes undisturbed. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add hot sauce to the chicken. Mix everything well. The mixture should look moist but not too much saucy. If there is too much liquid, cook it further until the mixture comes together and is not too saucy. Cool it down completely.
- While the buffalo chicken is cooling down, in another bowl mix Greek yogurt, mayo, and ranch seasoning mix.
Assembling and folding the wraps
- Warm the tortilla on a hot skillet or directly on flame. ( this softens the tortilla and helps in folding)
- Place tortilla. Spread a couple of tablespoons of ranch dressing at the center (leaving 1-2 inches on top and bottom), top it with lettuce, shredded carrots, and followed with buffalo chicken.
- Fold 1 to 2 inches (from left and right side) inwards. Then roll the bottom over the filling. Start rolling the wrap over the filling, pushing the filling inwards as you roll.
- If eating later, roll the wrap with parchment paper and store it in fridge. Else heat on both sides until you see brown spots and enjoy it right away.