This post may include affiliate links that earn us a small commission.
Soft and fluffy, these Gingerbread pancakes are just delicious. It tastes just like your favourite Gingerbread Men Cookes but in pancake form.
These Gingerbread Pancakes have Christmas written all over it. Warm spice blend, molasse makes these pancakes just a perfect fit for the holiday season. Wait, why only Christmas??? I would make these all through the winter. The house just fills with the heavenly aroma of warm spices whenever I make these.
It is not Christmas if there are no Gingerbread Men Cookies, right? These Pancakes are nothing but a better form of Gingerbread cookies. It requires the same set of spices that are used to make Gingerbread cookies. So you probably are having all the ingredients right now in your kitchen cabinet.
Gingerbread Pancake Recipe
These delicious fluffy pancakes are easy to make and need only one bowl. To make the process easier keep all the ingredients ready on the counter and the batter will be ready in a jiffy.
Flavours In Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes straight to your inbox
Start with adding all the dry ingredients to a bowl. Whisk well to mix all the ingredients.
Make a well in the middle and add wet ingredients one by one. Using a spatula mix everything until just mixed.
Overmixing the dough would result in heavier pancakes.
Tips For Making Best Gingerbread Pancake
For best results and more flavour use fresh spices. There are plenty of spices to give it the authentic gingerbread flavour. The strong ginger, cinnamon flavour with a hint of nutmeg is so heavenly.
Molasses gives an earthy and authentic flavour to it. You can substitute it with honey or maple syrup but the flavour would vary.
The extra soft and fluffy texture comes is because of buttermilk. If you don’t have buttermilk in hand add 2 tablespoons of regular vinegar to a cup of milk and let it stand. After 10 minutes the milk would look curdled and buttermilk is ready.
More breakfast recipes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2.5 teaspoons ginger ground
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cloves ground
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs beaten
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1.5 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Maple Syrup and Fruits for topping
- In a big mixing bowl add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and all spices. Whisk it well.
- Make a well at the centre,pour buttermilk, molasses, beaten eggs. Whisk till everything is just combined.
- Heat a pan. Spread a little bit of butter to grease the pan.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter onto the griddle. Cook 1-2 minutes until edges begin to look "dry" and bubbles form in the batter.
- Using a spatula flip the pancake and allow to cook another minute or two until the second side is lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot drizzled with maple syrup and top with fruits.
- 2.5 teaspoon ground ginger gives a strong ginger flavour. You can reduce it to 2 teaspoons for mild flavour.