Lemon Chicken Broccoli Pasta with incredibly creamy lemon parmesan sauce is light and refreshing. A filling dinner ready in just 30 minutes.
This Chicken broccoli pasta is Creamy yet not rich and heavy on the palates. It is light with a fresh lemon flavour and a delicious Parmesan cream sauce. Because it has broccoli, Can I say it healthy too???
We love to have pasta for dinner. D doesn't like it extra rich and creamy. So I have a few pasta recipes which are with no or very less cream. And I make them on a rotation basis every month.
CHICKEN BROCCOLI PASTA INGREDIENTS
- Pasta of your choice - I have used linguine here but you can use any pasta you want.
- Chicken - I like to grill the chicken for more flavour from the caramelized bits.
- Butter - substitute with olive oil for a lighter version
- Oregano and Parsely
- Heavy Cream
- Chicken Stock - You can substitute half of the stock with white wine, for some extra flavour
- And finally a good quality freshly grated Parmesan cheese
HERE ARE A FEW TIPS...
- Always season water with enough salt while cooking the pasta.
- I prefer to cook the pasta until ¾th is done and let it cook further along with the sauce. So drain the pasta when it is still little underdone and run under cold water to stop the cooking process instantly.
- Make sure chicken breast is of uniform thickness so that it gets cooked evenly.
- Blanch broccoli for 2 minutes in hot water and put it in a bowl of ice water. By doing so you can avoid any strong taste of broccoli in the sauce.
- Always lower the flame while adding cream to avoid it to split.
Pasta Recipes You May Like
Garlic Mushroom Spaghetti With Bacon
Chicken Broccoli Pasta
Lemon Chicken Broccoli Pasta with incredibly creamy lemon parmesan sauce is light and refreshing. A filling dinner ready in just 30 minutes.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 People
- 250 grams Linguine Pasta
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Cream
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoon Oregano
- ¾ cup Parmesan
- ¼ cup parsley
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (adjust as per taste)
- Fresh lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium broccoli
- Boil a big pot of water. Season it well with salt. Cook pasta until ¾th is done. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and drain the rest of the water. Set aside the pasta.
- Make sure Chicken breast is of even thickness. Season Chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan. Sear seasoned chicken breast on high heat 2 minutes each side. ( watch the video to see how the chicken looks after shearing)
- Let the chicken rest, meanwhile begin with making the sauce.
- Loose brown bits from the pan using a spatula and clean it with a tissue. This step is to ensure that the sauce looks clear)
- Add the rest of the butter. Once the butter melts add minced garlic.
- Let the garlic cook for 30 seconds. Add chicken stock. Give everything a good stir.
- lower the heat and add heavy cream.
- Add oregano, chilli flakes, lemon juice, lemon zest, parmesan cheese and broccoli to the pan. Mix everything well.
- Cut chicken into thin slices. Add to the pan followed by cooked pasta.
- Give everything a good toss.
- Serve with chopped parsley and more parmesan on top.
- I prefer to blanch broccoli florets for about 2 minutes followed by rinsing in Ice water.
- The sauce had a nice tang from the lemon juice. Adjust the amount of juice as per your taste.
- Cooking pasta just until ¾ and let the rest of it cook along with the sauce. This way the pasta will absorb the sauce very well.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 661kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 193mg | Sodium: 778mg | Potassium: 1187mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2185IU | Vitamin C: 153mg | Calcium: 369mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @theflavoursofkitchen or tag #theflavoursofkitchen
What did you do with the reserved pasta water?