Mushroom Olive Pasta in Creamy Wine Sauce: A big shout out to all pasta lovers here. If you are not so fond of veggie pasta, then you are going to change your mind once you taste this.
Now that I am at home I have all the luxury to prepare a different kind of lunch every day. Earlier due to lack of time, we used to stick to our usual rice, roti, and curry on weekdays and weekends used to be days of the experiment. So nowadays my mind works in double the capacity and I have lots and lots of recipes to try. But here is the catch when you have plenty of options, you get confused about which one to choose. Now I am prioritizing the recipes and making them as per the availability of the ingredients.
The most challenging part of this recipe was to save a glass of wine from a bottle and prepare something out of it. So basically I was hiding a glass of wine in the refrigerator.
Serve this pasta with some No-Knead Rustic Bread tossed in garlic butter.
Don't miss delicious pasta recipes on my Pinterest board Pasta.
Mushroom Olive Pasta In Creamy Wine Sauce
- Pasta 100 gms Penne
- cooking Butter 2 + 1 tbsps
- All-purpose Flour 1 tbsp
- bay leaf 1
- cream milk 300 ml (low fat)/
- Cheddar Cheese 1/2 cup
- Button Mushrooms 200 gms
- white wine 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup black Olive ,sliced
- italian seasoning oregano basil or mix of dry and .
- Salt pepper and for seasoning
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Darin pasta (reserve some of the pasta water to be used later if needed).
- Meanwhile, in a pan add 2 tbsp of butter. Add few drops of olive oil to prevent it from burning.Add the bay leaf. Stir in the flour. Cook for a couple of minutes till the mixtures start to bubble but still white in colour (Don't let it brown).
- Add hot cream/milk. Continue to whisk as the sauce thickens. Bring it to a boil,string continuously . Stir in cheese. Lower heat. Add salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Transfer the sauce to a bowl. Cover with a cling wrap and let it cool for later use.
- Clean mushrooms. Cut into a thick slice.
- In a pan add remaining 1 tbsp butter. Add sliced mushrooms.Sprinkle little salt and pepper. Saute for Couple of minutes. Add white wine and deglaze the pan.(if you are making for kids you can certainely skip wine and add some reserved pasta water to it.)
- Add cooked pasta, followed by the sauce prepared above. Sprinkle seasoning.Season with salt and pepper if required(Keep in mind that the sauce, pasta and mushroom has already salt in them).
- Add olive. Toss everything. Add reserved pasta water if required to loosen the sauce.
- Serve hot.