This post may include affiliate links that earn us a small commission.
Mushroom Pasta in a creamy parmesan based sauce and caramelized mushroom just the right fit to satisfy the pasta craving.
Mushroom Pasta in Creamy Wine Sauce: A big shout out to all pasta lovers here. Pasta is tossed in a garlicky parmesan mushroom sauce. A simple and easy to put together dinner on a weeknight.
Flavours In Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes straight to your inbox
If you are not so fond of veggie pasta, then this pasta with mushrooms will change your mind.
Let’s talk about what you need and the preparation
Gather the below ingredients before you start with the prep. White wine and Dijon mustard adds a layer of flavor to the sauce.
- Pasta: I have used spaghetti. You can use linguini, fettuccini, or any other pasta you have on hand.
- Mushrooms: Button mushrooms. Easily available around the year. You can also use assorted mushrooms if you like the taste and flavor.
- White wine
- Italian Seasoning
- Dijon Mustard
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
Start with roasting the Mushrooms. Good caramelized mushroom adds a lot of flavor and tastes delicious too.
For perfectly roasted mushrooms, keep the pan hot. Once you add the mushroom to the pan spread it in a single layer. Don’t overcrowd the pan, else it will start to sweat and take longer to cook. Let the mushroom cook for 4-5 minutes undisturbed then flip and cook until golden brown.
Then melt butter, add minced garlic and sauté until it is aromatic and raw smell is gone.
Add wine to the pan and let it reduce to half before adding cream and other Ingredients. Reducing wine to half is very important for the strong alcohol smell to evaporate.
Reduce the heat before adding cream to avoid the cream from splitting. Once the sauce is done, check the seasoning and adjust.
Add the cooked pasta and mushroom. Toss everything well and cook for another 2-3 minutes for the sauce to thicken and coat the pasta well.
If you feel the sauce has reduced too much, then add a little pasta water to adjust the consistency.
Easy and Versatile Mushroom Pasta
What I love about this recipe is, how versatile it is. You can substitute or add other ingredients as per your taste and preference.
Add veggies of your choice like spinach, broccoli , kale. You can also add protein like cooked chicken, shrimp or in fact some crispy bacon would be amazing.
If you don’t have wine, then add some chicken stock instead.
Looking for more Pasta Recipes??
Mushroom Pasta in Creamy parmesan sauce
- 250 grams Pasta we used spaghetti
- 300 grams button mushroom or Baby Bella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- ¼ cup white wine (ref note 1)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt pepper and for seasoning
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Darin pasta (reserve some of the pasta water to be used later if needed).
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add sliced mushrooms in a single layer. Let it cook undisturbed for 3-4 minutes. Then turn and cook until both the sides are nicely browned. Remove from the skillet and keep aside.
- To the same skillet add butter and olive oil, when it melts add minced garlic. Cook for 30 seconds until it is fragrant and doesn't smell raw.
- Add wine and let it cook. The wine needs to be reduced to almost half the quantity.
- Lower the flame add heavy cream, Italian seasoning, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and shredded parmesan. Mix well.
- Toss in the cooked pasta, roasted mushrooms. Toss everything well. Reduce the heat and keep stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes for the sauce to thicken and coat the pasta well.
- If the sauce feels thick, then add 1/3 cup reserved pasta water and toss well.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parsley and more shredded parmesan.
- You can substitute white wine with some chicken or vegetable stock.