Ranch Chicken - Pan-fried chicken breast in a creamy ranch sauce makes a delicious family dinner. It comes together very quickly and is a versatile recipe.
Creamy Ranch Chicken made in a skillet in just 20 minutes. There are only a few recipes that come out this delicious with a handful of ingredients. Ranch seasoning adds a lot of flavor to the gravy.
Ranch seasoning isn't only for salads. Chicken and ranch pair so well, have you given this Baked ranch chicken legs and vegetables a try yet? I absolutely love this recipe for its simple flavor and ease of making.
How to make Creamy Ranch Chicken
- Start with cutting the chicken breast into cutlets. Cut the chicken into 2 pieces by running through the knife horizontally. Pound any thick part of the chicken to even thickness. This step ensures the chicken is cooked evenly and also remains juicy.
- Season chicken on both sides well.
- Use a cast-iron skillet for a perfect sear. Heat oil and butter, sear seasoned chicken on both the sides until golden brown in color. Keep it covered.
- In the same pan saute garlic until aromatic. Add flour and cook for 30 seconds
- Add chicken stock to make a smooth sauce. Then add sour cream and ranch seasoning. The sauce will look glossy and thick.
- Add back the cooked chicken. Spoon over some of the sauce. Sprinkle chopped parsley.
Variations of Ranch Chicken
What I love about this recipe is, it is really versatile. Crispy bacon a delicious twist to it. You can also add some sauteed mushrooms. Spinach in case you want to add some fiber to it.
What to serve
You can make a complete meal out of it. Serve it with some creamy mashed potatoes or roasted potatoes and some green peas, roasted broccoli, green beans. Serve it with some pasta as there is enough gravy to pour over.
More Chicken Recipes...
Creamy Ranch Chicken
- 2 large Boneless Chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Mixed herb
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoon Butter
For Ranch Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1 cup Stock
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- 1.5 tablespoon Ranch Seasoning
- Cut each chicken breast horizontally into 2 cutlets.
- Mix garlic powder, mixed herb, salt and pepper. Season chicken breast on both the sides.
- Heat olive oil and butter. Sear chicken on both the sides for 3-4 minutes each.
- Remove chicken from the pan, keep it covered.
- To the same skillet, heat butter. Saute garlic for 30 seconds.
- Stir in flour and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Add chicken stock to the pan slowly and keep whisking to make a smooth sauce.
- Lower the flame add sour cream, ranch seasoning. Whisk well. Switch off the flame.
- Add chicken back to the pan. Spoon over the sauce.
lucinda pittman says
where do i find or make mixed herbs?
You can use Italian seasoning if can't get hold of mixed herb.