Back with another post as part of Theme based food bloogers group. This time the theme was to explore something which you have never tried. The theme was exciting because I have a list of things that I wanted to try. But it was all dependent on what is available in this season. Luckily I spotted some fresh,plump Portobello Mushrooms
Portobello mushrooms are quite bigger in size than the regular mushrooms,has meaty texture. These are firm and holds shape even after cooking.So these are ideal for stuffing
I went with a simple and healthy stuffing of spinach and corn. You can go creative with the stuffing like simple cheese and onion,meat,sausages, rice
Creamy spinach stuffed portobello mushrooms
- 8 portobello mushrooms (big enough to hold the stuffing)
- 3 cups spinach fresh baby
- 1 tablespoon olive oil butter /
- 1 onion medium , chopped
- 1 tomato medium
- 5 - 6 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 green chilli
- 4 tbsps cream sweetcorn instant of mix
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tbsps parmesan cheese
- ¼ cups bread crumbs
- to taste Salt pepper and
- Blanch the spinach and keep aside.
- In a pan add oil,add minced garlic.Saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onions and fry till onion is cooked and lightly brown in colour.
- Add chopped tomatoes and green chillies.fry till tomatoes are cooked.
- Add blanched spinach,toss for couple of minutes.
- Mix instant soup mix in water. stir in the water soup mixture into the pan. In a moment the entire mixture will start to thicken. Switch off the gas. season with salt and pepper as per taste.The mixture should not be too thick as the mixture will thicken up once it cools down.Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degree Celsius.
- Clean mushrooms. remove the stem(stem can be used for flavouring stocks). Clean the black gills to make extra space for the stuffing).Stuff mushroom with spinach mixture.
- Spread some olive oil in a baking tray. Slightly season with salt and pepper. Arrange the mushrooms. bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile the mushrooms are baked, slightly toast bread crumbs. Once the mushrooms are done. Sprinkle bread crumb on mushrooms.
- Bring oven to broil/grill mode and broil for 5-8 minutes till the breadcrumbs starts to brown.
- Best Served Hot.