Strawberry Cake with loads of fresh strawberries is made from scratch with basic pantry staples. You will get to taste strawberry in every bite of this buttery, moist and delicious cake.
Love fresh Strawberries??? Then you are gonna fall in love with this super moist fresh Strawberry cake. I put strawberries in almost everything when they are in season. Sweet and ripe strawberries are great to snack on. Apart from using fresh strawberries in salads or smoothies, I love to make this easy strawberry cake.
This cake is loaded with strawberries and you are gonna taste strawberry in every bite. It has moist tender crumbs, not overly sweet. Perfect to pair with a cup of tea. My little one adores this cake ( she is obsessed with strawberries) and loves to take it for school snacks.
What do we love about this Strawberry Cake?
Homemade cakes are always the best. We at home love simple buttery cakes without any frosting or cream toppings. Mostly I end up incorporating seasonal fruits to my cakes, like this Apple cake I make often.
This strawberry cake is made from scratch with baking staples. It has no artificial colours or flavours. Fresh strawberries are enough to add flavour to it. The cake is made with creaming butter and sugar, instead of oil. So you get that classic cake taste.
Can we use Frozen Strawberries instead?
I would not recommend Frozen strawberries. When frozen strawberries are defrosted because of its high water content they turn to be soft and mushy. And when added to the cake batter defrosted strawberries tend to release more liquid. So it is best to use fresh strawberries when they are in season.
Tips For Making Perfect Strawberry Cake
- As with any other cake recipes, use fresh ingredients and make sure they are in room temperature.
- The recipe calls for full-fat Greek Yoghurt (Can be substituted with full-fat sour cream). For best result use as specified.
- Use fresh and ripe strawberries which are firm to touch.
- Make sure the oven is temperature calibrated and heats to the specified temperature.
- Only use the cake pan of the size mentioned in the recipe.
- As tempting as it might be, but let the cake come to room temperature before you cut.
Fresh Strawberry Cake
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ⅔ cup Softened Unsalted Butter 150 grams , at room temperature
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon Vanila extract
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1 cup Full fat Greek yogurt. (ref note 1)
- 2 cups Fresh Strawberries
- Clean Strawberry well. Pat them dry to get rid of any extra water. Haul and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare a 9X5 inch loaf pan or a 9-inch Springform pan. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Keeps aside.
- In another bowl, cream softened butter and sugar until light and looks pale in color.
- Add vanilla extract, lemon zest, and one egg to the bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Add another egg, whisk well.
- Add sour cream, mix until combined well.
- Add half of the flour mixture. Using a spatula fold the ingredients.
- Stir in the rest of the flour mixture and fold just until everything is combined.
- Add one-third of the batter to the prepared cake pan, spread one-third of chopped strawberries.
- Repeat the above step two times more, until you have used all the batter and strawberries
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Then reduce temperature to 325 degrees and bake for another 50-55 minutes.
- The cake is done when the top feels firm to touch and the skewer comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool down completely before slicing it.
- Serve topped with more fresh strawberries or a dollop of whipped cream.
- You can substitute greek yogurt with full-fat sour cream.
- If the cake tends to brown quickly at the top, loosely cover the top with a sheet of aluminum foil.