These honey roasted carrot with pecan is a simple yet quite delicious side dish. Carrots tossed in honey, butter, garlic and roasted in the oven until it is tender and slightly caramelized around the edges.
Tender perfectly roasted carrot in honey and spice mixture is definitely a popular side dish. The warm spices and nuts gives the dish a holiday vibe and perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
The roasted carrots, crisp on the outside and soft inside, along with a hint of cinnamon, garlic, and pepper tastes just so balanced and good. The shiny glaze of honey on the carrots looks just wow.
Like every persistent mom out there, with a picky kid, it’s a struggle sometimes to ask your kid to finish all the veggies on the plate. Can't blame the kids though, since me as a kid wasn’t any different :).
It becomes so important than to keep coming up with ideas to present veggies in the best way you can. Just to keep vegetables interesting so eating it doesn’t become a chore and boring.
Carrots are one thing we like to eat and I was looking out for some interesting ways to cook and present it. Then I got popular Honey roasted carrots caught my eye. And boy, did this turn out deliciously.
Needless to say, a good looking and tasty dish, gets no complaints. Not even from the most picky eaters.
This is a great alternate way to have veggies done in a pleasing and delicious way to serve along with your usual plate of proteins.
I love to serve this with buttermilk Grilled Chicken
How to make honey glazed roasted carrots
- Toss carrot in salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oil.
- Roast the carrots in the oven until half cooked.
- In a separate bowl, mix melted butter, honey, cinnamon with roughly chopped pecans.
- Toss the roasted carrots with the mix until the honey glaze coats the carrots very well.
- If you toss it with honey and butter in the first step itself, the honey will caramelize much earlier than the carrots roast and it will burn.
- Baked for another 12 minutes until u see caramelization
Honey Roasted Carrots
- 1 pound Carrot
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Melted unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ cup Roughly chopped toasted Pecan
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Clean carrots. I like to keep the skin on. Cut horizontally lengthwise. Place all the carrots in a baking sheet.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil. Toss everything well. Arrange the carrots in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl add melted butter, honey, cinnamon, and chopped pecan.
- After baking carrots for 15 minutes, pour honey pecan mixture. Mix everything well.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.