This post may include affiliate links that earn us a small commission.
Creamy Chicken Tortellini with bacon and sundried tomato is comforting and easy dinner recipe- loaded with juicy chicken, bacon, sundried tomatoes, and a delicious cream sauce.
This cozy Chicken Tortellini is a family-friendly dinner and takes less than 30 minutes to make.
Flavours In Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes straight to your inbox
We are at that time of the year when we all carve a bowl of indulgent and comfort meals. When it is cold outside, there is nothing that a creamy Chicken pasta can not fix. And this Chicken Tortellini is even better because it has cheesy tortellini, Chicken, Bacon, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and a delicious parmesan cream sauce to bring everything together.
After our recent trip to Italy, we started loving pasta even more. Having fresh handmade pasta is altogether a different experience.
Best Ever Chicken Tortellini Recipe Is Here
This is not any ordinary Chicken Tortellini recipe; there is bacon, Sun-dried tomato to give a little lift to the dish. The parmesan cream sauce is rich and creamy but not heavy on your palate. You don’t have to use a whole lot of cream here. Wondering how it becomes so creamy when there is less cream. Chicken and pasta absorb all the flavor from the sauce.
To make the pasta sauce extra creamy, I always cook pasta briefly in the sauce. Another trick here is to save some of the pasta water while cooking. When pasta is cooked with the sauce and pasta water, the starch released from the pasta makes the sauce extra creamy without diluting the flavor. So next time when you make pasta, reserve some of the pasta cooking water.
Can I Use Rotisserie or Pre-Cooked Chicken?
This recipe works with leftover chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken as well. You have another reason to make this pasta. Just swap uncooked Chicken breast with an equal quantity of cooked Chicken.
Can This be Frozen?
While Pasta Can be refrigerated for a couple of days in case there is any leftover, I would not recommend freezing it. Because the sauce has cream and cheese when frozen and thawed, the dairy changes its texture.
If you are refrigerating the tortellini, the sauce will thicken up as pasta soaks up all the sauce. While reheating, add little water to loosen the sauce a little bit. More Pasta Recipe for a Quick Dinner
Chicken Tortellini with Bacon
- 1 package Tortellini 250 grams (ref note 1)
- 200 grams Boneless Chicken Breast Cut into cubes (ref note 2)
- 6-7 Bacon
- ½ cup Sundried Tomatoes Oil drained
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil
- ½ Onion finely chopped
- ½ cup Cream
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup Pasta cooking water (more if required)
- Bring a pot of water to boil, season with salt. Cook pasta as per package instruction.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- When the oil is hot, add chicken cubes, season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is browned and just cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan; cover with foil and keep aside.
- Clean pan if any brown bits are stuck, because we don't want the sauce to look brown.
- Add chopped bacon, cook until crispy. Remove bacon from the pan and keep aside. Discard bacon fat.
- Add butter to the pan. When butter melts add minced garlic and onion. Saute until the onion softens and raw garlic smell has disappeared.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for a minute.
- Lower the heat and add cream, Parmesan cheese to the pan.
- Drain tortellini and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add cooked tortellini, chicken, basil, and bacon to the pan. Add 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water to the pan.
- Mix everything gently and let it cook for another 1 minute on low heat.
- Remove from flame and serve topped with more parmesan on top.
- I have used Fresh Spinach Ricotta Tortellini from the refrigerator section. You can also use Packaged Dry Tortellini from the pasta section. Cook the pasta as per packege instruction.
- Use the equivalent quantity of leftover cooked chicken or Rotisserie chicken instead of Chicken breast.