Shrimp and a few other pantry staples turned into this lip-smacking Chili Garlic Shrimp in less than 20 minutes. It is spicy, garlicky, and has loads of fresh cilantro.
It is amazing how a handful of ingredients is transformed into this delicious Chili Garlic Shrimp. You need Butter, garlic, chili, a dash of lemon, and tons of fresh cilantro for this recipe. You can serve it as an appetizer or serve it with rice topped with pan juice.
I love Shrimp recipes because it is quick to make, shrimp when cooked itself adds so much flavor to the pan juice.
Spicy Garlic Shrimp but You are gonna love it
At first sight, the amount of chilli might sound alarming but believe me it's the kind of spicy you will keep coming back to. I might sound a little partial because this Prawn recipe has all of my favorite ingredients.
A good dash of white wine gives a depth of flavour, there is lemon to balance the spice and lots of fresh cilantro for a herby freshness.
If fresh red chili is not something you prefer, use some mild chili peppers or red chili flakes to your taste.
Cooking Chili Garlic Shrimp
I call this a lazy shrimp recipe. Do you know why? because it doesn't take more than 15 minutes to make this. No chopping cutting required. Whatever prep that is needed can be done while the skillet is getting heated.
Cooking shrimp is again very quick, else you would end up with hard chewy ones.
- If you get hold of fresh shrimp it is better else frozen shrimps also work. Thaw it completely before cooking. Either case devein and clean the shrimps really well to avoid any unpleasant taste.
- Keep chopped garlic, red chili, and cilantro ready.
- Melt butter and add a dash of oil to prevent it from burning. Cook chopped garlic until aromatic. It won't take a lot of time for the garlic to get brown or burn, so keep an eye.
- Next, is to cook the wine down until it has reduced to half. It is important to reduce the wine, else you will get alcohol like after taste.
- Add shrimps, paprika, chopped red chili and salt. Toss well and let the shrimp cook undisturbed 2 minutes on each side.
- If the pan looks too dry add ¼ cup of water, lemon juice, and fresh cilantro . Ta da!!! we are done.
These spicy Chili Shrimps can be served as appetizer or as a main course. Serve it over rice for a complete meal.
Also works wonderfully as Taco filling.
More Shrimp Recipes
Easy Garlic Butter Shrimp and Vegetable Skillet
15 minutes Chili Garlic Shrimps
- 400 grams / 1 pound Shrimp raw, cleaned, and deveined
- 1.5 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 fresh red chilli see notes
- ¼ cup white wine (ref note 1)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon Juice
- ⅓ chopped cilantro
- Heat butter and oil. Add minced garlic. Cook it until fragrant.
- Add white wine to the pan and let it cook until it has reduced to half the quantity and doesn't smell like alcohol.
- Add Shrimp, paprika, chopped red chili. Toss everything well. Spread it in a single layer and cook undisturbed for 3 minutes.
- Turn and cook the shrimps for another 2 minutes.
- Take off the gas. Add lemon juice, chopped cilantro. Toss well and serve.
- Fresh red chilli can be spicy, use kitchen gloves while handling chilli. To reduce the spiciness, remove the seeds and then chop .
Leave a Reply