Creamy Avocado Dip made with Avocado, Sour cream, garlic, Lemon Juice is a perfect dip for Nachos, Pita and veggies. Make this for a quick snack or at your next party to impress your guests.
Let's just step away from our all-time favourite guacamole and admire how creamy this Avocado Dip looks. Perfect to dip toasted pita, nachos, chips and veggies etc. All you need is 6 ingredients (which includes salt and pepper) to make this amazing dip.
I love to make this dip when I crave for guac but not in a mood to clean and chop. Just throw in all the ingredients to the food processor and its ready.
INGREDIENTS YOU WOULD NEED
The list of ingredients can't be simpler than this for any recipe. 6 ingredients is all you need here. Except for Avocado, the rest of the ingredients are more like pantry staple.
- Avocado ( good ripe one, not overripe mushy one)
- Sour cream - I prefer full-fat sour cream but you can also substitute it with a skimmed variant. You can also use greek yoghurt for less rich variation.
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh coriander leaves - This dip has real avocado flavour as there is nothing else to mask it. So I like to add chopped coriander for little freshness.
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO DIP?
Use a food processor to make a smooth creamy dip like the one in the picture.
For a little chunky version, instead of food processor place avocado in a bowl, using a fork smash them until it looks grainy. Then add finely minced garlic and other ingredients.
Seasoning is the key here. The right balance of Avocado-salt- lemon is important here. So adjust the quantity of salt and lemon juice accordingly.
Other Dips and Sauce recipe you might like
- 2 medium Avocado ripe
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Garlic cloves Use 1 if it is a large clove
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Salt to taste I used 3/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped Cilantro
- Place all the ingredients except Cilantro in a food processor. Pulse until everything is mixed and the mixture looks smooth and creamy.
- While serving sprinkle chopped cilantro on top.