Chicken Ramen Noodle with a flavourful stir-fry sauce takes only 20 minutes to make at home and is better than take-out. This Easy Ramen Noodles recipe is a perfect mid-week dinner and customizable to your preference.
I am super excited to share this Chicken Ramen Noodle recipe with you guys today. This Ramen Noodle Recipe turned out so good, that I made two days in a row for dinner. Perfectly balanced Stir-fry Sauce, Juicy chicken and loads of veggies. This Ramen recipe just hits the spot.
I was a big fan of instant noodles. It used to be my go-to meal during the hostel days. I am sure many can relate to this fact. Even now I keep a few packets of instant noodles handy for my mid-night hunger pangs or a quick cheat meal. But not a big fan of the seasoning that comes with it.
Though Instant Noodles has become a rare indulgence, it is still one of my favourites. I have no count of how many variations of instant noodles I have tried. But every time it used to be with the packed seasoning. This is the first time I used my own stir-fry sauce instead. And the result is just mind-blowing.
BEST RAMEN NOODLES RECIPE
This Chicken Ramen Recipe is pretty customisable. Basically, it has 4 components. You won’t be needing the salty seasoning that comes with the package, yet have quick ramen noodles ready in minutes.
- Ramen Noodles
- Chicken thigh or any other Protein
- Delicious Stir-fry sauce.
Use any of your favourite instant noodles. Make sure you are cooking the noodles right.
There is no limit to the number of veggies you can add. I have added Broccoli and pepper here. You can add mushrooms, Carrot, Beans, Zucchini etc. While veggies are good, I would not overload the dish with it. There has to a balance among noodles, chicken and veggies.
I have used Chicken tighs here. I love how juicy they remain after cooking. Chicken thighs will always be my first preference in stir-fries. You can also use chicken breast, but need to be careful to avoid overcooking.
CHICKEN RAMEN STIR FRY SAUCE
This Stir-fry sauce is the best part of the entire dish. It is sweet, salty and a tad bit spicy. It is a simple Asian Stir-fry sauce. The ingredients are as follows
- Soy Sauce
- Oysters Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
This stir-fry sauce is quite versatile. You can use it in Asian stir-fry recipe. I always keep a bottle handy in my refrigerator.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN RAMEN NOODLE?
Homemade Ramen is always better than take-outs. It is easy, quick and completely customizable.
Start with prepping all the ingredients before you start cooking. it takes just 5 minutes to finish the dish.
While making any stir fries, it is important to add the ingredients as per their cooking time. Start with adding any aromatics like ginger, garlic or chilli, followed by Onion if using. Then add the protein. Once the protein is almost cooked add tough vegetables like carrot, beans. Once they are half cooked, add rest of the ingredients like broccoli, peppers etc.
The thumb rule while making any Stir-fry is to keep the vegetable crunchy. So make sure you don’t overcook the veggies.
When you are almost done with cooking the chicken and veggies, add water and instant Ramen noodles. Let it cook for a minute. Then flip the blocks and cook for another 2 minutes.
You can use any non-sticky noodle instead of ramen. Cook it as per the package instruction. You can use beef or pork instead of Chicken here. The noodles have enough sauce in it.
Few more Asian stir-fry recipe you might like
CHICKEN RAMEN NOODLES
For Chicken Ramen
- 200 grams Boneless Chicken Thigh Cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion Sliced
- 1 Cup Broccoli Floret
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup Carrot Cut into Julliens
- 3 Blocks Ramen Noodles
- 1.5 cups Water
Ramen Stir fry Sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Rice Wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon light brown sugar or regular sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or Any Red Hot Sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Pepper as per taste
- Start with making the stir-fry sauce. Add all the ingredients mentioned under the sauce, in a jar or a mixing bowl. Keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil. Add minced garlic and sliced Onion. Cook until the onion softens.
- Add chicken thigh pieces. Cook for 2-3 minutes on high heat.
- Add the stir-fry sauce, followed by bell pepper,broccoli florets and Carrot. Mix everything well.
- Just when the sauce starts to thicken up, add water and ramen blocks. let it cook for a couple of minutes.Then flip and break any bigger chunk of ramen. cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onion. Serve Immediately.