This post may include affiliate links that earn us a small commission.
Veggie Quesadilla- These Mexican quesadillas are stuffed with caramelized pumpkins, mushroom, crunchy peppers, generously seasoned with spicy fajita seasoning and topped with cheese.
If you are disappointed seeing this Veggie Quesadilla, then you must make this to know how good these are. This is not a regular filling for Quesadilla, but you can find all the Mexican flavours in it. It is delicious and really filling.
When a pumpkin hater like my husband has approved it, I can assure you that these are worth a try. Make it for a quick weeknight dinner or for brunch on a lazy weekend.
Flavours In Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes straight to your inbox
What is Quesadilla?
Quesadillas are nothing but filler and cooked Tortillas from the Mexican region. You can either use Corn Tortilla or Flour. There are a lot of options for the filling starting from Chicken, egg or veggies. You can’t miss cheese here. Melty Cheese binds and holds the tortilla along with the stuffing.
Veggie Quesadilla Ingridents.
When I made these Quesadillas for the first time, I sort of used whatever was available in the refrigerator. You can add or omit any veggies as per your choice.
- Assorted Peppers
- Tomato Paste
- Fajita / Taco Seasoning
How To make Veggie Quesadilla?
The process is quite simple. Get some flour tortillas, gather ingredients for the stuffing. Next step is to make the stuffing. Saute onion, pumpkin and other veggies until it has caramelized a bit, yet holds the shape. I have used Fajita seasoning but you can use Taco seasoning as well.
You can also make the stuffing ahead and store it until use.
More Mexican Recipes for you…
PUMPKIN MUSHROOM QUESADILLA
- 4 flour tortilla
- 2 cups Pumpkin , cubed
- 200 gms Mushroom
- 1 cup peppers assorted (red,yellow,green) juliennes
- 1 Onion medium ,Chopped
- 3 - 4 pods Garlic
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- to taste salt
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- ¼ cup coriander / cilantro fresh leaves
- 1 cup cheese Mexican blend
- Season pumpkin cubes with little salt and pepper. Toss in 1/2 tbsp olive oil.Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes. Stirring with a spatula in between. The pumpkins should be just tender(not mushy).Let it cool.
- In a pan add rest of the oil. Add minced garlic followed by chopped onion.
- When the onion looks transparent, add chopped mushroom and baked pumpkin cubes. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add tomato paste. Cook for another one minutes.
- Add peppers, toss well. Add Fajita/Cajun seasoning and salt.
- Mix everything well. Switch off the gas. Add chopped cilantro/coriander.
- Heat a griddle pan. Brush oil lightly.
- On a clean surface or chopping board place one tortilla.
- Spoon half of the mixture on one half of the tortilla (As shown in the above picture). Sprinkle cheese on top. Fold another half of the tortilla to cover the stuffing and make a semi-circle.
- Carefully lift the stuffed tortilla using a spatula and place on the heated griddle pan. Place some heavy vessel on the top and let it grill for a couple of minutes till crispy and charred grill marks appear on the tortilla.
- Repeat the above process with another tortilla.
- Serve warm with fresh salsa or Sour cream.