Two of the favorite summer salads combined together in this roasted corn pasta salad. Charred Sweet corn and pasta tossed in a creamy mayo-based dressing, can be served a side dish.
This corn pasta salad is on the lines of the Cold Tuna Pasta Salad and ricotta pasta salad - combine pasta with either cheese or fish or chicken. There are so many ways you can get creative with these.
Be it a summer picnic, BBQ party, or a potluck, a simple salad works as the best side dish. This creamy pasta salad also lets you use corn which is in abundance during summer.
We love pasta, which you can make out of the number of pasta dishes here. While thinking of salads, we have tried out many pasta salads that the family has loved. The kid goes for the pasta and we love the veggies and dressings along with the pasta.
Ingredients For Corn Pasta salad
To make the mayo-based salad dressing:
- Sour cream
- Lemon Juice
- Garlic Powder
Along with the salad dressing, you need the following:
- Pasta - any small-sized byte pasta
- Corn - fresh(preferred)/frozen
- Cheese - Cheddar used in this recipe.
- Onion, green onion, Coriander leaves
- You can also add chopped bell pepper, celery
I would say making a pasta salad is easy enough. Yes, you have got one more step of boiling and making the pasta ready but that task takes a few minutes.
And the pasta is itself a major part of the salad and sure it substitutes for a few chopped and sliced veggies for a traditional salad.
Mayo-based Salad dressing
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing. This creamy dressing can be made a couple of days ahead and kept refrigerated.
You could also use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
An open Can of mayo can last for up to two months in the refrigerator. The pasta salad will have veggies in it and that is better consumed within five days when stored in an air-tight container.
Place the salad in an air-tight container and place it in the refrigerator. When you are ready to have it again, take it out of the refrigerator and leave it out for an hour to come to room temperature. You can have it a bit earlier if you prefer it a bit cold.
Other salad recipes
Creamy Corn Pasta Salad
- 200 grams pasta
- 3 ears of corn (about 3 cups)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon oil
- ½ cup green onion
- ½ onion chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Mayo
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
Make Creamy Pasta Salad Dressing
- Add mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix well and keep it covered and allow the flavours to come together. Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients.
For Pasta Salad
- First, put a pot of salted water to boil for the pasta. When the water comes to a boil, add pasta and cook al dente.
- While the pasta is cooked, cut the corn kernels off the cob.
- Heat a skillet(preferably cast iron). Add oil. Add corn kernels to the hot pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring in between.
- The corn is done when small brown spots appear on the corn.
- Let the pasta and corn cool down a bit. It should not be hot.
- In a big salad bowl, add cooked pasta, roasted corn, chopped onion, green onion, coriander, cheddar cheese.
- Add the desired amount of prepared dressing. Toss well to combine.
- If using frozen corn, don't thaw.
- You can add a chopped Jalapeno if you like.
- Chopped red pepper would also be a great addition.
- Use small-shaped pasta, as it is easier to eat and you get to eat a bit of all in every spoonful.