This post may include affiliate links that earn us a small commission.
Two of the favorite summer salads combined in this roasted corn pasta salad. Charred Sweet corn and pasta tossed in a creamy mayo-based dressing can be served as a side dish.
Flavours In Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes straight to your inbox
A simple salad is the best side dish for a summer picnic, BBQ party, or potluck. This creamy pasta salad also lets you use corn in abundance during summer.
We love pasta, which you can make from the number of pasta dishes here. While considering salads, we have tried many pasta salads the family loved. The kid goes for the pasta, and we love the veggies and dressings along with the pasta.
Check out Roasted Corn Salad for another corn salad recipe with veggies but without the pasta. I have used corn in many delicious recipes, like dips in Chessy Corn Dip, chowder recipes like this Instant Pot recipe, and Bacon and Shrimp. Corn makes excellent appetizers like these cheesy corn fritters.
Ingredients For Corn Pasta salad
To make the mayo-based salad dressing:
- Sour cream
- Lemon Juice
- Garlic Powder
Along with the salad dressing, you need the following:
- Pasta – any small-sized byte pasta
- Corn – fresh(preferred)/Frozen
- Cheese – Cheddar is used in this recipe.
- Onion, green onion, Coriander leaves – You can also add chopped bell pepper and celery.
I would say making a pasta salad is easy enough. Yes, you have one more step of boiling and preparing the pasta, but that task takes a few minutes.
And the pasta is a major part of the salad, and it substitutes for a few chopped and sliced veggies for a traditional salad.
Mayo-based Salad dressing
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing. This creamy dressing can be made a few days ahead and kept refrigerated.
You could also use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
An open Can of mayo can last up to two months in the refrigerator. The pasta salad will have veggies and is better consumed within five days when stored in an air-tight container.
Place the salad in an air-tight container and place it in the refrigerator. When you are ready to have it again, take it out of the refrigerator and leave it out for an hour to come to room temperature. You can have it a bit earlier if you prefer it cold.
You can have it as lunch or dinner as the pasta makes it fulfilling, or let this corn pasta salad’s fresh and vibrant flavors shine along with other mains.
- Roasted/grilled Chicken – Grilled Rosemary Chicken Kebabs, Easy Grilled Chicken, and Roasted Harissa Chicken are delicious chicken mains from the grills or oven.
- Meat dishes – Pan-Seared Lamb Chop Recipe, Skillet pork chops, and Chili Garlic Shrimp are some sumptuous meats and seafood to pair with salads.
- Air fried – Salmon, Chicken & Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli, and Chicken Wings (3 Ways) are quick and easy mains done in an air fryer.
- Roasted veggies – Roasted Lemon Pepper Zucchini and Pecan Honey Roasted Carrot will complement the tangy salad.
- Garlic bread – toasted bread with butter or garlic bread works with most salads. Another garlicky recipe is No-Knead Roasted Garlic Foccacia. A plain option is No-Knead Rustic White Bread.
More Salad Recipes
Italian Chopped Salad – Authentic Italian salad with fresh greens, tomatoes, and onions tossed in a light vinaigrette.
Easy and Zesty Quinoa Salad – Quinoa, vegetables, and feta cheese with an olive oil vinaigrette.
Fall Roasted Sweet Potato Salad – A pecan and soft feta sprinkled over the garlic and Dijon mustard dressing.
Cucumber Strawberry Salad – The freshness of cucumber and the sweet juiciness of strawberry make a great combo.
Lemon Dill Potato Salad( No Mayo) – Dill leaves sprinkled over another toss of herby, lemony dressing, and potatoes.
Cold Tuna Pasta Salad – an easy summer salad that is healthy with the goodness of tuna, macaroni, olive oil, and veggies.
Arugula Salad with Roasted Beetroots – A delicious balsamic dressing makes the fresh arugula and roasted beetroot shine.
Creamy Corn Pasta Salad
- 200 grams pasta
- 3 ears of corn (about 3 cups)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon oil
- ½ cup green onion
- ½ onion chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Mayo
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
Make Creamy Pasta Salad Dressing
- Add mayo, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix well and keep it covered and allow the flavours to come together. Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients.
For Pasta Salad
- First, put a pot of salted water to boil for the pasta. When the water comes to a boil, add pasta and cook al dente.
- While the pasta is cooked, cut the corn kernels off the cob.
- Heat a skillet(preferably cast iron). Add oil. Add corn kernels to the hot pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring in between.
- The corn is done when small brown spots appear on the corn.
- Let the pasta and corn cool down a bit. It should not be hot.
- In a big salad bowl, add cooked pasta, roasted corn, chopped onion, green onion, coriander, cheddar cheese.
- Add the desired amount of prepared dressing. Toss well to combine.
- If using frozen corn, don’t thaw.
- You can add a chopped Jalapeno if you like.
- Chopped red pepper would also be a great addition.
- Use small-shaped pasta, as it is easier to eat and you get to eat a bit of all in every spoonful.