These Chinese meatballs are juicy, melt in the mouth and then cooked in a spicy Chinese sauce. Once again a quick 30 minutes meal perfect for a weekday meal. Make amazing meal prep lunch bowl with these meatballs.
A brand new week is ahead. If you are unlike me, you would have already started planning the weekday menu. You know it a very good practice to do a meal plan for the upcoming week. It saves a lot of time and also you don’t have to bang your head when its dinner time.
I am very bad when it comes to planning meal a week ahead. I have tried a couple of times but this planning thing just doesn’t work for us. Our menu depends on the mood on that day.
Most of the time it happens spontaneously. It is not that difficult because I keep thinking about new recipes at the back of my head.
OK, the reason I am telling you about all these meal prep/meal planning thing is that I made an amazing meal prep lunch box with these meatballs. I made a big batch of these juicy Chinese chicken meatballs and no way we could have finished them on the same day though they were too yum. Then I thought why not make a meal prep lunchbox with the leftovers.
Lately, I am seeing lots of Meal Prep lunch box recipes on Pinterest. To be honest I have never thought of making food in bulk and freezing them for later. I have grown up eating freshly cooked food every day. And with a toddler at home, I always make sure she gets freshly cooked nutritious food every day. Saying that I do understand there are many working women who can not afford cooking every day for various reasons. And for them, these meal prep box is way better than takeouts.
In fact, I had kept a couple of boxes in the freezer and had them later. Actually, it’s good to have such meal boxes available in the freezer. When you are really running out of time or in a mood to have something good then just microwave the box and you are good to go.
TIPS TO MAKE JUICY CHICKEN MEATBALLS
OK, so I have told enough about how cool this lunch box idea is. Now let me tell you about these amazing meatballs. They were just perfect. My Hubby who hates meatballs couldn’t stop himself from praising it. Here are a few things that I learned about meatballs especially when the protein used is chicken. Chicken tends to dry fast if you cook it for too long. So here are the few things that make the meatballs moist
- Soaking the bread/bread crumbs with little milk helps to make the balls moist.
- Adding raw grated onion to the mixture. When onion gets cooked it releases moisture and help to keep the protein moist.
- Because we are going to cook the meatballs again in a sauce, cook the meatballs little underdone. While resting the meatballs will cook little further. And while cooking in the sauce it will be done.
A couple of other tips while making meatball are
- Drain the minced chicken to get rid of any extra water. Too much water it will make it difficult to shape.
- Shape the meatballs with slightly wet hand. Wet hands prevent the mixture from sticking to hand.
- If you are not sure about the seasoning, make a small ball and cook. Then you can check the seasoning and adjust.
Few more Chinese Inspired recipes you might like