This post may include affiliate links that earn us a small commission.
Flavours In Your Inbox
Subscribe for recipes straight to your inbox
Ohh.. What do I say about this jam/Preserve. Jazz up your morning breakfast by this Apple Raisin Brandy jam. It’s chunky, slight tang comes from the raisins and the brandy adds little zing. So what not to love in this Jam. Did I mention that it has no pectin too? it is all natural.The added spices like cinnamon,ginger and nutmeg gives warmth.
And if you have not decided yet what to gift to your loved one this festive season,then this would be your perfect bet. The alcohol is pretty much optional. This has become our new favourite.
This recipe is adapted from Rum Raisin Apple pie Jam.
Apple pie jam with raisin and brandy
- 4 Apples large
- 1 inch Ginger fresh Julienned
- ¾ cups Golden raisin
- ¾ cup apple juice Apple cider vinegar unsweetened /
- 2 tbsps Lemon Juice Fresh (from 1.5 lemon)
- one lemon zest lemon Fresh from
- 3 - 3.5 cups sugar granulated
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger dry powder
- ¼ cup Brandy / Rum .
- Prepare the jars for storing the jam. In a big pot add enough water, put the jars and lids. Boil on high heat for 10 minutes. Then switch of the flame and let the bottles rest for 10-15 minutes in the hot water.
- Roughly chop the raisins either using a knife or in a food processor.
- Clean apples and chop to small chunks. In a heavy bottom pan add chopped apples, Apple juice/cider,lemon juice ,lemon zest and julienned ginger. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and let it cook for 15-20 minutes ,stirring occasionally. The apples will soften and look mushy.
- In a potato masher or backside of a fork smash apples and break into smaller chunks.
- Reduce the heat.Add chopped raisins. Pour all the sugar at once and mix well. Increase the heat and bring to a rolling boil for 5-8 minutes, stirring the mixture constantly.
- Remove from heat. The mixture might still look liquidy but that's fines. It will thicken up while cooling down.
- Stir in cinnamon powder, nutmeg, ginger powder and brandy. Give it a good mix.
- Transfer the Jam to dry sterilized bottles. Allow it to cool completely in the Jar. Then close the lid tightly.