Cajun Chicken with vegetables is a flavourful one-skillet meal, with juicy chicken breast and lots of vegetables. Takes only 15 minutes to make and a perfect busy day dinner for the family.
Juicy Cajun chicken, tender crispy vegetables tossed in butter, and spicy Cajun Seasoning. One of the simplest chicken dinner you can make which is loaded with protein and fiber. Just a bottle of good Cajun Seasoning will do all the wonder.
I love Cajun seasoning a lot because of its smokey, rustic, and spicy flavor. Works great as a marinade and to lift up a boring dish.
What I love about this Chicken Skillet is it has tons of veggies, comes together in no time, and packed with flavor.
Ingredients for Cajun Chicken breast with Vegetable Skillet
Let's start with the Cajun Seasoning, which brings life to the dish. This smokey, spicy, and flavourful seasoning is a wonderful marinade. In fact, I love to sprinkle these on french fries too.
While it always is convenient to buy a bottle of this seasoning, I love to make my own. Bottled ones are really high on salt. When I make my own I have control over the amount of salt and also other ingredients.
I have used Zucchini, Peppers, here. But you can use other vegetables like mushrooms, Broccoli, etc.
Sometimes I also add Onion. Don't cook the veggies very soft and mushy, Cook until it is tender but still has a little crunch to it.
I like to serve this alongside rice. This Cajun Chicken Skillet is low carb and Keto. So if you follow low carb then have it as it is or serve it with Cauliflower rice.
More Cajun Recipes...
More one pan easy dinner recipes...
Cajun Chicken Vegetable Skillet
- 500 grams Boneless Chicken Breast cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 medium Zucchini Cut into chunks
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2.5 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning (ref note 1 & 2)
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add Cajun seasoning to the pan and toss for 10 seconds.
- Add Boneless Chicken breast cubes to the pan. Toss everything well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the veggies. Mix everything well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking, The chicken should be cooked through and the veggies will still have a crunch to it.
- Switch off the stove and drizzle lemon juice. Mix everything well.
- Serve alongside rice.
- I use homemade Cajun Seasoning. It is mildly hot and has salt in it. If you are using bottled seasoning, you might have to increase or decrease the amount of seasoning depending on how spicy you prefer.
- Cajun Seasoning has salt in it, so I have not added any extra salt to the dish. If your seasoning doesn't have salt then add salt as per taste.