A perfect party food or apt on a movie night date with your loved one. Nacho’s being my favourite, I find different ways of making it interesting. The most regular way of having nachos is loaded nachos. I top it with loads of fresh salsa, refried beans, cheese and shredded chicken.
While browsing through pinterest, I came across some interesting dips. They really look sinful. Came across this yummy looking Spicy corn dip. My first reaction was ‘Wooww’. I instantly new that I am going to make this.Though I compromised on the cheese part, it was delicious nevertheless. Prepared this on a weekend. Family, Movie and bowl of nachos with this dip, our weekend was sorted. We just started digging into the dip and in no time it was licked clean.
I skipped cream cheese and reduced the cheese too. You can refer the original recipe here
Cheesy Corn Dip
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1.5 cups corn Fresh or frozen
- 1 onion medium chopped
- 5 - 6 pods garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 1/4 cups Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp chilli flakes ( optional / as per taste)
- tbsps salt pepper and as per to
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- In a pan add butter. Add couple of drops of oil(to avoid butter from burning).Add minced garlic. Once the garlic starts brown,add chopped onion. Cook till onion looks transparent.
- Add red bell pepper and corn, saute till it is soft and looks transparent(roughly for 5 minutes) . Remove from heat and keep aside.
- In another bowl add cheeses, mayo,sour cream,hot sauce,cilantro, salt,black pepper,chilli flakes (if using). Add sauted corn and onion mixture.Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an baking dish. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the edges are bubbling.
- Serve hot out of the oven with nachos/chips/chopped veggies.