Mushroom Garlic Shrimp Pasta in a mildly spiced buttery sauce is light and loaded with flavour. Caramelized mushrooms, Juicy shrimps, Sundried tomatoes, all these goodness in one pan, makes it a perfect meal on any occasion.
Not your regular creamy pasta, but this Spicy Mushroom Garlic Shrimp Pasta is so delicious. Shrimps are tossed in a spicy seasoning and then cooked in butter until it is tender and juicy. Shrimps, Caramelized mushrooms and sundried tomatoes make this Shrimp and Pasta dish close to any fancy restaurant-style pasta.
If there is one thing my daughter would eat without any tantrums, it is pasta. And she gave a thumbs up for this. Even my husband said it was nice to take a break from creamy rich pasta. It was a total win-win for me.
What Ingredients do you need?
This recipe calls for very basic easily available ingredients.
Pasta– I have linguine here but just any shape of pasta will do.
Shrimps– Fresh or Frozen, both would work here. Clean and devein the shrimps. I like to keep the tails on because we absolutely love those crunchy bits.
Mushroom- Mushroom cleaned and sliced.
Seasoning– Italian seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper. That’s all.
Butter and Oil – Butter for the rich sauce. Because oil has a high smoking point, it prevents the butter from burning.
Sundried Tomatoes – These sweet and tart sundried tomatoes are just amazing. These have umami and the oil is also really flavourful.
Garlic- Well, garlic makes everything better. more, the better.
This recipe is also versatile and you can add pepper, a hand full of spinach to it.
How To Make Mushroom Garlic Shrimp Pasta?
- Start with cooking pasta in well-seasoned water until it is al dente, for about 8-10 minutes. Reserve half cup of pasta water to use later.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat butter and oil in another pan. Cook shrimp along with seasoning until its no pinker. Cooking shrimps don’t take more than 3-4 minutes. Keep aside the shrimp in a bowl.
- To the same pan add sliced mushroom. Cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes for the mushroom to become golden brown. Toss and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add rest of the ingredients, cooked pasta, Shrimp along with any juice in the bowl back to the pan.
- Toss everything well and the dinner is ready
More Delicious Pasta Recipes
Mushroom Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- 250 grams Uncooked linguine 9-10 ounce roughly
- 250 grams Shrimps Cleaned and deveined
- 200 grams Mushroom Sliced
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 tablespoon Oil
- 2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1/3 cup Sundried Tomato ALong with 2 tablespoon oil from the jar
- Cook dry pasta in seasoned water until al dente.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of cooked pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon butter and oil in a pan.
- Add Shrimp to the pan along with 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning, paprika , salt and pepper.
- Sear on medium high heat for 2 minutes, until shrimps are no longer pink.
- Flip and sear on the other side for another 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- To the same pan add rest of the butter, followed by sliced mushrooms.
- Cook mushroom undisturbed for 2-3 minutes then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, rest of the Italian Seasoning, chopped sundried tomato along with its oil. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- At this point if it feels the bottom of the pan is dry and might burn, add 1/4 cup reserved pasta water saved earlier.
- Add cooked pasta, Shrimp (along with any juice from the bowl while resting). Toss everything well.
- Serve with some freshly grated parmesan on top.
- If the Italian seasoning contains salt, then adjust the salt quaintity as per taste, keeping in mind pasta was also seasoned while cooking.