Oven baked Tilapia, onion and pepper in a delicious lemon garlic butter sauce. This Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Baked Tilapia and Veggies is a healthy dinner made in under 20 minutes.
Love Fish ?? Love Sheet pan recipes? Then Oven Baked Tilapia and Veggies in lemon garlic Sauce is the perfect dinner for you. It is super easy and quick to make. It is healthy and low carb too. The sauce is packed with Buttery Lemon Garlic sauce. The Lemony herb sauce is refreshing and packed with flavour.
Moist, flakey Baked Tilapia fish with crunchy onions and peppers is going to be a family favourite for sure.
We love fish at home. Though freshwater fish is more preferable, we do try different kinds of fish. On Sundays, if you visit the local fish market, you would be really surprised to see so many varieties of fish. I always end up buying a new variety of fish, almost every week. I mostly make curry or pan fry it.
Last month we had baked fish with a delicious butter sauce while dining out. It was so very good. I could not stop myself from trying the dish. The outcome was pretty close and the sauce was to die for.
I have used frozen tilapia here. You can use any other white fish instead of tilapia. Whichever fish you decide to use, two things that are important when it comes to baking any fish. First, a perfect seasoning and second baking it right.
How to bake Tilapia?
Because Tilapia is a mild fish, a good bold seasoning is a must for Baked Tilapia. This recipe uses a refreshing lemon and Italian herb marinade. Butter in the marinade helps to keep the fish moist and tender. Make sure you apply the marinade on both the side generously.
Next important step is baking tilapia at the right temperature and time. Tilapia is a very delicate fish and it is very easy to overcook it. For really moist and tender Tilapia, Bake at 200 C / 400 F for 10-12 minutes.
Once the fish is perfectly baked, you might find there is liquid in the pan. So what I do is, I remove the fish and broil the veggies for 2-3 minutes. This makes sure your veggies are still crunchy and the liquid has reduced to a thick gravy.
If you are using frozen fillets, then make sure you thaw it completely before baking.
If you are using tougher veggies like broccoli, carrot etc, par-bake them first then follow rest of the recipe.
In India spring is for very short. Even before we realise, summer kick in. It is really getting hot nowadays. All I am thinking about is popsicles, coolers and Ice-cream. I can foresee, in coming days I am making a lot of recipes that are quick and easy. Especially, recipes for which you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen.
If you liked this Oven Baked Tilapia and Veggies recipe then, I have few more such quick and easy one-pan dinner recipes for you to try
SHEET PAN LEMON GARLIC BAKED TILAPIA AND VEGGIES
- 500 gram Tilapia fillets (3-4 fillets)
- 2 medium onions Thick sliced
- 2 cups Peppers Cut in to medium thick strips
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2-3 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or Mixed dry herb)
- 1 teaspoon Red chili flakes
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- 3-4 fresh lemon slice
- For the marinade mix melted butter, garlic, lemon juice, herb, chilli flake, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- In a baking tray add sliced onion and pepper. Add a couple of spoon of the above marinade. Mix well.
- Then place Tilapia fillets. Brush rest of the marinade evenly on both the sides.
- Place lemon slices.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 C/ 400 F for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice alongside veggies. Spoon leftover lemon butter sauce from the pan.
Oven Baked Tilapia and Veggies in Lemon Garlic Sauce
‘PIN IT FOR LATER’