A quick fish curry in flavoured Coconut sauce. This can be preapred under 30 minutes. The only thing you would need with this creamy luscious curry is a bowl hot steamed rice.
I have used basa fish here but you can use any boneless white fish. This time I am not going to talk much, so let go right away to the recipe.
Fish In Curried Coconut Sauce
- 2 Basa fillets
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Cinnamon small stick
- 2 Onions small
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 2 Tomatoes small
- 200 ml Coconut Milk Fresh
- to taste Salt to
- Coriander chillies Chopped fresh and greeen
For Curry Paste
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Chilli powder (Use as per taste)
- Marinate fish fillets with salt and turmeric and marinate for atelaset 1 hour.
- For curry paste mix all the ingredients in 2-3 tbsp water.Make a thick paste and keep aside.
- In a pan add 2 tbsp oil. Add bay leaf and cinnamon stick. Let it get aromatic.
- Add chopped onion. Cook till they are soft and translucent. Add ginger garlic paste. Fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped tomatoes. cook until they are soft and cooked thoroughly. Add curry paste and fry till everything comes together and oil starts oozing out.
- Add ½ cup of water and bring everything to a boil.
- While the gravy is boiling, heat a griddle pan. Brush it with enough oil. When it is really hot, put the fillets skin side down. Let it grill for 2-3 minutes. When the fillets are not sticking any more to the pan flip them to the other side using a spatula and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature of gravy.Add fish fillets. Add coconut milk. Season with salt.
- Let the gravy come to a single boil and switch off the gas.(Don't boil for too long after adding Coconut milk).
- Garnish with chopped coriander and green chilli. Serve on top of hot steamed rice.