Perfectly baked chicken thighs with crispy skin and lots of garlic lemon butter sauce to drizzle on. Making this Lemon Chicken thighs recipe is really simple and fit perfectly in your mid-week dinner menu.
Lemon Chicken thighs is an easy-to put-together recipe that needs only a handful of ingredients. Another easy CHicken recipe, that is worth repeating in your dinner menu. No fancy ingredients, yet such refreshing flavor. And the perfectly seasoned crispy skin is to die for. Serve it with some roasted potatoes or a salad for a complete meal.
Lemon Butter sauce with lots of garlic and the freshness of rosemary, is absolutely drool-worthy. The chicken gets baked in the sauce, so it absorbs a lot of flavors. And there is also plenty of sauce in the pan to drizzle on the crispy chicken thighs.
The list of ingredients you need for this recipe is quite short and I am sure you must be having all the stuff in your pantry right now.
Bone-in chicken thighs with skin -Always thigh with the bone for recipes like this, where the chicken gets cooked in its own juice. Juicy thighs with super crispy skin in something you would definitely love.
Butter- For the rich sauce, butter is a must.
Lemon- Fresh lemon juice and lemon wedges.
Garlic- well lots of fresh minced garlic
Rosemary- This herb pairs so well with butter, lemon and garlic. You could also use thyme.
Salt and pepper
Steps / tips to make Baked Lemon Chicken Thighs
- Start with patting dry the chicken. It is important to dry for super crispy skin. If the thighs are frozen, then make sure to bring it to room temperature.
- Generously season both the sides with salt and pepper.
- Use a cast iron pan or a heavy bottom oven safe skillet for crispy skin.
- Heat the skillet, when the skillet is really hot, place the chicken thigh skin side down in a single layer. Cook it undisturbed for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip chicken thighs, add butter, garlic, lemon juice, chicken stock , lemon wedges and rosemary sprigs.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 f .
The baking time might vary depending on the size of the chicken thighs. For larger thighs, bake for 10 minutes more.
It is important for the chicken to be at room temperature for even cooking.
This is a great recipe for meal prep. You can even shred the chicken use it in different recipes.
More Chicken Thigh Recipes
Baked Lemon chicken thighs
- 5-6 Chicken thighs with bone and skin
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ⅓ cup Chicken Stock (ref note 1)
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2-3 sprigs Rosemary
- 4-5 Lemon wedges
- dash of honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pat dry the chicken thighs with a kitchen towel. Season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron or a heavy bottom skillet.
- Arrange chicken thighs skin side down. Cook it undisturbed for 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken thighs. Add minced garlic, butter, lemon juice, chicken stock and rosemary sprigs.
- Bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes (35 min for smaller thighs and 45 for larger). Insert an instant-read thermometer to confirm a 165°F minimum internal temperature near the bone.
- Use can use water or vegetable stock instead. If using water, you need to add more salt.